SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Adventuron Update - 1.0.0 Beta 9

A topic by Adventuron created Nov 06, 2019 Views: 96
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host

Hi all,

I just released a stability release of Adventuron 1.0.0 Beta 9 that should make the (source code) parser messages a lot easier to read.

A common problem was when Adventuron would not provide a proper message for unmatched { or unmatched " characters, and seemingly random technobabble if you entered a character in the wrong location. The parser also detects and tolerates extra ; characters, and the syntax highlighter will now be less trigger happy to recolour the entire window when you type the " character.

Finally, the dreaded origin -1 message which sometimes required reloading the Adventuron editor should now be gone, but the price may be that Adventuron runs a little slower for larger documents.

I removed the brozen optimization responsible for the error but plan to re-introduce it when it's fixed.

I figure that for beginners, it's much more important to have a stable version of Adventuron rather than a faster version. The reintroduced faster version will be much faster than the one I'm slowing down right now, so patience will be rewarded.

This update only affects the editor, and will not affect runtime speed, performance or features of the Adventuron engine that is embedded with your compiled games.

Chris