Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How do game jams work?

A topic by NorielSylvire created Oct 18, 2022 Views: 295 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2

I just started making games and I might be interested in joining a game jam.

Do I have to make this game in seven days or less? Also, how do I prove I made it in seven days or less?

Host(+3)

This game jam is a little bit different than most. We don't have rules or deadlines or a theme, so it's more of a personal challenge. There's nobody to cheat here.

You can think of the dates for 7dfps more as a collective window where people can team up and plan ahead and hang out in person etc rather than a deadline, since you can start early or finish late, we don't mind. we know people have lives, schedules, jobs, exams etc and we just want people to make stuff.

Most jams have the submission window close and you can't really submit anymore, and we've had games submitted over a year late and we don't mind!

So in particular, this jam is quite different but is a good opportunity to gain some skills and make something.

Oh, that's so cool! Thank you!

Can I submit it early? I don't think I can come up with an idea and not develop it until december 9th.

Host(+1)

hmm well submissions won't be open until the date (that's just how this website (itch.io) works with jams). You can definitely make the game page and all that on itch side (which is what you submit) and then post about it in the forum here + the discord. then when the submissions open throw it in the list!

Thank you!!