SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Find a Group! Sticky

A topic by drdrub created Feb 23, 2022 Views: 508 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 10
HostSubmitted

Hey all!

This thread is for people to find other people to work with!

Please post:

• Your name, your school, (if you feel comfortable)
  • Your desired role in a project (coding/art/sound/design)
  • Your experience and goals for this jam!
(1 edit) (+1)

Sup, I'm Gray.

• Senior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in film and media studies with a minor in creative writing.
  • Narrative design! My strong suit is screenwriting. Ideally, I'd like to work on a visual novel or text adventure with a team that would be interested in creating a short, simple game with a meaningful story.
  • Other assorted skills include video and sound editing. This isn't my first game jam so I'm pretty familiar with how they work, how to work in a team under a deadline, etc.  My knowledge of coding is very limited, but I'm always up for learning new things and helping out wherever I'm needed.

Basically, my ideal team is one where we can all learn from each other while making something simple but neat. Hit me up on discord at mondo#8901 or email me at gro10@pitt.edu if you wanna talk further!

That sounds impressive. I've never added custom sounds to a game project before, I figured my time zone is a few hours behind from yours. If you haven't had a group so far, would you like to join mine before I add you to my private discord server?

Hello, my name is Peter Siri and I am technically a senior undergraduate at San Francisco State University studying computer science in pursuit of a game design career. My specialty weighs heavily on game development with Unity3D, yet I'm also familiar with Unreal Engine 4 and some Rust-based applications. My plan will be to refurbish my skills with these tools during my Spring recess before this game jam begins.

As of now, I have invited my classmates and some other students from my campus to tag along. In case only a few of us will undertake this exciting game dev journey, I'd like to have someone who could make at least a few basic sprite animations that I could tinker with on a game editor. If possible, I could also use a sound editor and narrative designer as well to help bring the subject of the game to life.

My hope is to make a small project, preferably a 2D player controller. If you wanna fill in a role, dm me through one of my profiles below
Discord Username: U4icstrAfr#8780
GitHub: https://github.com/Pierrikata
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-siri
Twitter: (20) Thirapit "Peter" Siri (@SiriThirapit) / Twitter
Art Station: https://t.co/4WnuacAlWr

Personal Emails: peter.siri@live.com, traylblzr419@gmail.com
School Email: tsiri@mail.sfsu.edu

(+1)

Hey I added you on discord, I'm Reign#0111 and I'd be down for some narrative design and maybe some simple 2d animation too :)

(1 edit)

Thanks. I'm letting my other classmates know. What's your current time zone, by the way? Also, would you like me to invite you to my own private discord server?

(1 edit)

Hi, Reign.

I saw your post on discord when I woke up at 9am PDT and I was gonna thank you for keeping my server posted, but then I noticed your profile was gone. I couldn't connect with you via Discord. Is everything alright?

I do apologize for not getting up earlier in the morning. This is why I ask people to share their time zone and schedule. I typically wake up around 8:30 - 9:00 at Pacific time, and I know the jam started at 11am at your time zone. I would like to know if this is going to be an issue.

Hi all, I'm George.

• I'm a student at Edinburgh Napier University currently studying a Masters in Sound Design!
  • Definitely would like to be a sound designer on whatever team I end up on.  My strengths are sound effects creation and implementation with a slight ability to code here and there.
  • This'll be my first game jam, fairly new to the game development process but I have a good amount of free time to work to deadlines.  I want to experience working within a team and to be able to hopefully learn from each other.

I'm up for any project, feel free to add me on discord (Jorj#4866) or contact me via my university email 40505999@live.napier.ac.uk if you want to chat further! :)

I sent a friend req to that discord account.

Sup fellas,

i am looking for team 

requirments: uhhh forget about it we just wannna fun 

Add me on discord Shefo#8849 let's Jam!

Submitted (2 edits)

Hello, I sent you  a friend request ante geis#5692, sorry for the name.

Hi everyone! I'm Ben and I'm a student from UTSA studying Computer Science.

I'm looking for any group to join for any type of game. Although Unity Engine is what I'm most comfortable using for development, I have some knowledge of blueprint scripting in Unreal Engine and have some basic knowledge of OpenGL in C++. This is my first ever game jam, and I'd like to help make something fun!

Feel free to add me on Discord - Varrock Obama#4380

Submitted

I sent you ante geis#5692

Hey I added you on discord Reign#0111 :)

Update: I've found a group already, I appreciate anyone who reached out to me! :)

Submitted

If someone want to work with me find me in discord ante geis#5692

(5 edits)

Freshman CS major at Portland Community College , intermediate Godot bro, previous game jam winner. Look for HeartBox1#5606, and quickly. I'll respond much more promptly to DMs to that discord account. I probably should have gotten this post in sooner, but Calc finals prevented me from thinking of this until afterwards.

One more thing; I'll be asleep until around 6:00 AM PST, so maybe don't expect word back immediately. I'll try and set things up as efficiently as possible at that time.

Submitted

Hey guys,it's Moon,

I am a student, currently living in India pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Commerce.

I am currently learning how to make games in Unity game engine. I am looking for a group ,just wanna learn and have fun!

This is my first ever game jam. Send me a req on Discord if u feel i can join your group. Discord:MoonTae#4900