Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

One Hit Point Jam Idea - One or Die

A topic by PerryF created Aug 30, 2019 Views: 140 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+1)

A couple of days late in joining, but I wanted to join in on this and see what I can do.  Currently got an idea rolling around in my mind right now and want to share it. 

The working name right now is One or Die. 

All your Character has is One HP, your weapons, Maneuvers, and equipment and this is it. Enemies have pools of HP that players need to be wary of and traps that will rip them to shreds. The only way to survive for more than an encounter is to plan and work as a group.   
For simplicity, the system is a 3d6 roll under for resolution and Usable Equipment have usage die attached to simplify inventory management for expendable resources. To combat larger monsters, players will have access to maneuvers that will allow them to crank out damage to try and defeat an enemy that is too much for a party of adventurers, but runs the risk of exposing the character to death or even killing them on a failed maneuver.

Right now, I'm leaning trying to lean into the idea of give players plenty of tools to use at their disposal while each tool having it's benefits and drawbacks that need to be considered. This is really all I have right now, currently cranking on a design doc/rough draft to get ideas down and see what works on paper or not. 

Enemies have pools of HP

Love this take on the constraint! Excited to see where you go with it.