Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Quick FYI to Godot 4 Users

A topic by SlyPuffin created Nov 21, 2023 Views: 85
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit)

This might be common knowledge for many people, but right now Godot 4 web builds don't run well in browsers for MacOS and Mobile devices. The Godot team has said they will not do anything and are waiting for Apple Google to fix the problem with a browser update: https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/70691. In other words, no ETA on a fix..

All I have is my MacBook, so I'm unable to play all but the most lightweight Godot 4 games, unfortunately. I'll try and borrow a friend's PC at some point and play through a handful of these games (I'm making a list! haha).

Here's some quick unsolicited advice for people who want to make their game more accessible:

* If possible, a MacOS build would be helpful--I'm happy to download a game and play it locally if the web build isn't working on Mac :)

* Consider Godot 3.5 in the future until this bug is fixed. Unless you need Godot 4-specific features, Godot 3 builds will run the best for all users at the moment.

Sorry if this is all common knowledge! It's been great to play everyone's games so far and I hope to play as many as possible. Cheers!