Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Kilo and Tunn AMA

A topic by Juicebox created Dec 20, 2020 Views: 138 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (2 edits)

Hope everyone had an awesome game jam! I'm from the Kilo and Tunn team and I thought it would be cool to discuss what we've learned during this game jam or if you play through the game and want to ask anything about the game itself that's cool too! 

Feel free to ask me any questions!

If you spin up your own AMA threads, I can ask you questions too!

Submitted

I haven't played your game yet,  but I love the environment and mushroom characters. What was your inspiration there?

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Thanks for the kind words!! We initially were thinking "nuclear winter" as a concept. We were going to take a bit more of a darker angle. One of our artists put together the snow, and Kilo and Tunn running in it and we loved it! 

Then we thought you could maybe fall into a cave...which led to: "we need some background assets. maybe some mushrooms or something?" and one of our artists made the first mushroom which looked like this guyWe thought it was super cute and immediately coined the name "mushie". The whole mushroom concept took on a life of its own after that and became integral to the game as you'll see in the playthrough lol. We just think they're light hearted, cute, sassy little shrooms and we love em! 

Thanks for your question! :)