Lua collision-detection library for axis-aligned rectangles. Its main features are:
- bump.lua only does axis-aligned bounding-box (AABB) collisions.
- Handles tunnelling - all items are treated as "bullets". The fact that we only use AABBs allows doing this fast.
- Strives to be fast while being economic in memory
- It's centered on detection, but it also offers some (minimal & basic) collision response
- Can also return the items that touch a point, a segment or a rectangular zone.
- bump.lua is gameistic instead of realistic.
See more on github
The code turned out to be quite large, so the link to the cartridge