I love this game! Thanks for taking the time to make it.
Here are some bugs I’ve encountered. I’m on IOS, v1.25.
- smallest map locks up the game during map generation. I have to kill the app. I never use smallest anymore.
- sometimes my first city can’t produce any military units. No reason why. I have to revert to a saved game and re-create the city.
- land units can’t board my caravel/frigate. I click the board button, then it says no place to board. The ships are empty. This prevents me from using bigger maps or maps with lots of sea.
- the map editor can’t find my saved game files. So I can only make maps from scratch (a pain), or maybe use someone else’s maps.
- the world generator doesn’t appear to use my custom terrain settings (plains, grassland, forest etc). For example, if I do 100% grassland, it still generates other terrains.
- units set to auto explore don’t always use up all their moves, especially ships. It’s a waste to move just 1 hex if you are exploring.
Some feedback regarding balance and gameplay:
- some resources are overpowered, such as plantation. 4 food, and more!
- I feel that 6 turns for an improvement is really long. It seems to slow the game down a lot. Or maybe have a game option for faster improvements.
- in medieval and later, there is no scout-like unit that lets you move 2 hexes across any terrain. I think you should either create a new unit or allow the scout unit to remain (it becomes obsolete).
- frigates only carry 1 land unit?? Seems like they should carry more.
- battles take a long time. Any way to make them take fewer turns? It gets tedious.
- the faster production option is nice. But you also need faster science and faster workers to complement it.