17th Feb 2019
- Added in the Chopper boss. This is the middle boss in the game. He’s pretty epic (testable via the new BETA TEST menu)
- Added a BETA TEST menu so player can test specific features of the game and give us feedback without destroying their Arcade Save games. We’ll be adding things to this menu and asking for feedback a lot we think.
- Added a button for twitter and facebook in the title screen
- Tweaking/Balancing of lives and ammo based on player feedback and streamer videos
- Added disabled story and coop buttons to the main menu so players know they will be there activated at some point :)
- After the player dies in a level specific enemies don’t restore so it becomes ‘slightly’ easier to finish the level. The cost to the player is that they will get a slightly lower score because there are less enemies to kill.
- Upgraded BGFX rendering code. At least 10% faster on all platforms.
- Added Metal rendering engine for macOS (8x faster than OpenGL)
- Added OpenGL rendering engine for Windows
- macOS and Windows can select the rendering engine to use in Options > Video
- Fix for some of the trophies not being present
- Skip cutscene text is now correct for controller, KB/Mouse users.
- Ping Game Boy helmet renamed to the correct Pink Game Boi
- Chopper based enemies can now be hit by grenades
- Mining Laser now shoots from closer to the player so that when right up against the wall it actually hits it. This makes running through the caves and mines a lot easier.
- In some levels the player plows through snow or mud, after they died this stopped working, this is fixed.
- Some GameObject (enemies, pickups etc) were not restoring after player death
- long german and spanish phrases should now in to text boxes
- custom in game cursors appear in front of the shippy text.
22, Jan 2019
Added material slots to Butterflies and insects (will now light properly)
Fixed gun effects as some of these weren’t working properly
Set some pick ups to not restore (things like, keys and cubes etc will not restore as you do not lose these on death)
Selective enemies do not restore when killed
Removed redundant particles
Fixed hole in wall in lava section (thanks for BagleMageTV for finding this check out his stream on https://www.twitch.tv/videos/370202746)
Added some lighting around the hidden helmet in the lava levels
Made some adjustments to 1_1, after watching playthroughs, to make it easier/less frustrating.
Moved the first 2 islands further apart, Making it more encouraging to use the red key, (rather than just jump over to the crab combat) this also has the knock on effect of if the player dies at the first crabs they don't re-spawn all the way at the beginning (as they have used a portal by then).
Added more land mass under air pick ups, it was a bit cruel before :slightly_smiling_face: asking players to use dash and jump to get the air pick up (for the first time) and then get them to land on a tiny island (it's a lot more forgiving with more land under both air pick ups, makes it easier for players to practice). It's also easier to get back up if you fluff it.
Moved the weapon pick up and ammo/beacon up a bit ( makes the smg more obvious) as they were mixed up with the find the hidden portal beacons (hopefully this should make this a little clearer to the players)
Made the collapsed bridge jump a tad easier ( a specific complaint)
Put some particles round the stone cubes you push down the hole at the end (to make this a bit more obvious that this is part of a puzzle)
Added another gate between the crab combat and the shooting aliens, problem was before the logical route before would send the player to get the gun and then into combat but if they died fighting here they would respawn right back before the crabs. So putting a gate in that route will respawn the player closer.
Adjusted Secret section (Pink Rocks) Made one jump a little easier and reduced the height of some of the stone stacks
Added some extra lives (as there was only one before)
Lowered height of raised vegetable beds so bullets dont keep hitting them
Added extra gate shield and guardian
Added a life into this level
* long german and spanish phrases don't fit in to text boxes.
* custom in game cursors appear behind the shippy text.
2 Jan 2019 - Update #3
This is a repeat of the information in the blog postso if you've read that you're good to go.
- Fixed fly forever ceiling bug - turns out that if you were in a cave with an invisible ceiling you could fly forever and basically scoot across all the lava and enemies that we deliberately put in the way to make the game hard. Very naughty of you so we've fixed that!
- We tweaked the elite enemies so they aren't SO hard to kill. They basically had really high health and soaked up way too many bullets.
- Reworked the bunker boss as it was too hard and actually became a bit tedious. We don't want that so we've removed a stage, slowed down the enemy spawning and reduced his health a little.
- Added sound effects to doors and lifts in the early levels.
- In Deep Down Again we reduced the fog a little as the enemies were too hard to see.
- Fixed Proximity mines sometimes reappearing after death but invisible.
- Fixed Proximity mines camera shake so it doesn't feel like you're going to spew.
- Fix for the player flying/hovering forever. If you flew up and as you were about to reach the floor you dashes and the next frame there was a certain type of voxel you would fly/hover forever until death.
- Fix a bug were rebuilding level collision/models occured multiple times because dazza is an idiot. (helps low end machines a lot).
- Removed some annoying debug prints that slowed down windows builds a bit.
Sorry for not upating this for Update #2, I completely forgot.
18 Oct 2018 (2) - CRASH
- quick fix for crash reported to us by a lovely fella.
18 Oct 2018 - Bug fixes and tweaks
- [linux] build now works on Ubuntu 16.04 and distros using glibc 2.23 and up
- [osx] set the min os version to macOS 10.9 (upped from 10.8)
- fix a devilish memory leak in the particle system that caused major slow downs over time especially on Windows
- tweak level 3 so that after jumping in through the first portal you weren't immedietly shot, sorry about that ;) Bit harsh.
- tweak the particles in the crash site (first level) to not make peoples machines crawl so much or their GPU fans to cry.
- added actual artwork from an artist for the collectable heads and not the horrendous coder art MetalDazza inflicted upon all of you.
- tweaked pretty much all of the gun and bullet particles to clean them up a little bit (what Charlie means by that is instead of 400 particles covering 30 pixles, it's not 100)
- fixed a roof 'puzzle' in level 3, as in it was too easy and you all cheated :P
- slowed the bullets on the Gate Guardian because Charlie thinks they are too fast because he's not as leet as MetalDazza
- Depth of field opened up a little bit because apprently players need to see the enemies and bullets!
Lots of these fixes only exist because of the brilliant feedback from players. Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and to everyone who just said the game was fun. It's you guys that keep us motivated and not just watching day time television.
13 Oct 2018 - Linux launch fixes and Story mode
- [linux] remove dependency on libsndio which came in from libSDL
- [windows/linux/osx] remove libcurl dependency. Lib curl was used to report analytics to an analytics server during early play testing. This is no longer needed nor desirable. It shouldn't have made it in to the public release (even first-access) so we apologise for that. No data that could be linked to an individual was ever posted. Just information like "a player finished level 2 in two minutes".
- Loading or starting a new story mode actually starts a new story mode and doesn't just hang like a dufus
10 Oct 2018 - Some OSX fixes:
- fix for OSX version intermittently getting slower and slower due to OpenGL issue
- fix for Playstation DS4 controller issue on OSX.
9 Oct 2018 - part 2:
- actually include all the head collectables in the build!
9 Oct 2018:
- fix for being able to change controller/keyboard mid game
- added names to the first three levels so that save games appear correctly named
- removed legacy music
- fix for loading an arcade mode save game
- fix for loading an story mode save game
- can view collected heads and change your head in game (pause menu)
- shippy help box now anchors to the bottom of the screen and doesn't get in the way of combat so much