So after 2.5 years, the first "public" work in progress release of Auto Fire is out there. I'd been putting so much effort into core systems, feedback and feel that I didn't feel comfortable in people trying it.
There's very limited content right now, and I'm mainly getting a lay of the land if people can handle the control of both a car and roguelike combat. Some things not yet done:
- There is a very limited progression arc. You can fight vehicles and soldiers and get loot, but there's no real balance as of yet.
- Very limited set of weapons, equipment and enemies.
- Encounters on the overworld map are not fully operational (cargo, combat, faction changes)
- Boss fights that clear out a hostile area when defeated.
- The citadels aren't really a destination yet. This is where you will have weapon stores, cargo missions, arena duels, and a bar for rumors.
- The home base isn't really a place to go either. This map may go away and get streamlined.
- No fame and skill progression tracking, or media coverage of select combats.
- No proper handling of target painting, sustained fire, and other uses of radar (except for picking up items).
Please let me know what you think!