We've posted a beta patch for our latest feature arc, Palladium Reef + New Character Creation. If you'd like to help us test it, download the cavesofqud-windows/osx/linux-beta.zip we just made available.
Our focus right now is on broad scale testing: big bugs, big balance issues, and big UI issues. Here are four questions to guide your feedback.
- How does the new character creation sequence feel?
- What bugs did you run into during the chargen sequence?
- What bugs did you run into in Lake Hinnom or the Palladium Reef?
- For a level 30+ character, how does the balance feel in Lake Hinnom and the Palladium Reef?
Here are bugs we know about that you can ignore:
- None of the new creatures/items/etc have descriptions.
We're happy if you're able to test the late-game regions with a legitimate character, but we're also providing a wish that'll fast-foward you to level 30 (don't use this if you care about spoilers!)
Wish for 'reefjump' to fast-forward to Lake Hinnom at level 30.
Thank you, friends. Live and drink!