Recent community posts
Nice game! Easy to pick up, difficult to master. That last corner before the end is really difficult, and was littered with lava blades before I finally made it out into the open.
My favorite part about this game was the particle effect. That little bit of polish really made this stand out.
This is a really impressive demo, and I enjoyed exploring it all the more knowing the technical details that you've shared on LostCast over the past few episodes. I think I explored the entire dungeon twice, but each time I came to a final door for which I could not find a key. Hope I didn't miss anything.
What do you think you would add next? Just tiger hatting here, but I assume you could render floor tiles as the GBA does its rot/scale backgrounds: in horizontal lines across the destination texture, offsetting the read position in your floor texture by a dx/dy vector that is set based on the rotation of the camera. You would also need to change the initial read position, as well as the dx/dy values, at the beginning of each horizontal line.
Phew. Tiger hat off.
I would really like to see you continue work with this prototype. I'm sure we'll hear about it on LostCast if you do!
An impressive prototype. I was able to connect multiple clients at home, and updates were smooth across all machines. The artwork is slick, and I like that you were able to get two z-layers working in 2D. Solid!
Hey all! In honor of LDG's longstanding love of strategy role playing games, I'm going to prototype a tactics game for Jamuary. I'm not an artist, so I'm going to borrow graphics from a game that typifies the genre (see pic). So far, I have a 3D playfield that zooms and rotates, and my actor sprites animate. My next goal will be to put together a rudimentary level editor, and then I'll get into the fun stuff like differentiating heroes and enemies and adding combat mechanics.