It's an Early Access release.
Recent community posts
The skip text feature already exists, but it isn't mentioned in the old current public demo build which is (CTRL) for keyboard.
The save / load feature exists in a newer build already but that build isn't publicly available.
There isn't any way to hide the UI in this old demo version, though there is a keybind to do so in the planned upcoming version.
1) You can skip the dialogue if you want to get to the gameplay, or do fast forward (CTRL), although that isn't mentioned in the demo.
2) I think the current behavior is fine.
3) The lock-on feature is supposed to address this issue, although it isn't in this demo.
4) The guard counter and speed roll timing have been adjusted in the upcoming version already, which makes it easier to perform and have a brief moment of invulnerability.
5) If you hit the ranged goblins, their abilities get cancelled immediately.
6) There will be a heal spell, but it isn't in this demo but u can use potions in this demo build.
Regarding the story, there is a button to fast-forward dialogue by holding (CTRL) which I didn't mention in the pre-alpha build since it is still in development which should be useful in the future if you wanted to get to the action faster.
I agree that the map is too big and I have plans to re-work the level design for the first gameplay section in the game.