Recent community posts
ngl this isnt my first time posting here but I've played this game a few times and I finally beat it. It gets a little sticky in the end but I'd say it was worth just from the ending gg.
- the game looks good
- I like that little interaction with you neighbor it makes games where you are the only person there feel a little less empty.
- I'm not the biggest fan of the "camera is flashlight" concept and it makes it a bit annoying when you match that with doors that you have to click on the door knob to open
- The game took a little bit to get going which is ok in some cases because that time usually is spent building tension. It didn't really feel tense. I guess the news was suppose to help with that but no it's just some fluff things then power off.
- But the biggest con of this game is throwing all that food away :(
This game isn't really too bad but this concept is really weird and not appealing to everyone. I would still recommend it though good job.
- Even though short it kept you engaged.
- Raw meat as a snack.
- VCH Tape but has a modern tv lol.
I usually give a little more insight but there wasn't much here the scary got me though. I did enjoy my time with it though so good job.
- Nice atmosphere.
- A couple of unnerving moments
- There were things to do that kept me engaged.
- The length was ok for what it was.
Umm changes? (maybe):
- The beeping was so freaking annoying. It just happened way to often. I know they were suppose to be annoying but oh sheet that was the worse part.
- and I would like to have seen maybe one more jumpscare. The first one was good and very effective. So eventually I felt ok again and I was setup for one last one.
- ps. there might have been one at the end but I was facing a different direction.
All in all this was a nice little play and I will for sure recommend this game and Ill probably check out more from you.
This game was just so short there isn't much to say good or bad.
But I can say for what it was it don't lose my interest. So all I would say to this is good job could you extend it or use this concept and make a game that is a little longer.
This is good. gg
Sorry I played like a week ago so I forgot somethings...
It had a nice atmosphere, music scene and such, that built up to the monster. With the atmosphere the way that it was it made you really interested to see when ad where the scares were.
Intro cut scene.
The intro cut scene also helped to set the world up a little. It added a bit of "pre-game" interest.
Lack of Direction.
I found myself lost more often then not and one of the locations I just so happened to stumble upon. And at one of the locations there was a note of instructions that I couldn't quite do (which could have been on me).
I'm not a biggest fan of jumpscares but I can't help but think this game could have benefited from one or two of them. The "scare factor" of this game was completely gone once you saw the monster the first time but there was still quite a bit of game left.
All in all it started pretty strong but dropped the ball early and left it there.
If there is more to it could you let me know I'll go back and check out whatever I missed. I've also played the smiling man and left feedback on that. I think I will check out more from you. Thank You for the game. Keep it up.
i actually need some help it seems like I may have soft locked myself if that is possible. It feels as though I've gone everywhere poosible but the last area which seems to be a mall with caution tape that requires fabric scissors to get through. Well I've searched all locations multiple times to try to figure out where to find them but no luck could I get a tip.
I haven't posted a youtube video but I've been streaming the whole process if that would help. https://www.twitch.tv/tyview
Its been awhile since I've done one of these. Critique Below.
- Good Sound Design. This made for a really creepy atmosphere.
- The monster was also pretty creepy. bonus props for seeing him on the tv a floor below
- The Flyer idea was good. Alot of developers make games but as you play all you do is ask why am I doing this, well in this case to invite people to a party.
- Floaty controls. People think the head bob and extra movement adds immersion. In my opinion its just annoying at times. The head bob is bad when you have to hit tiny buttons and the extra movement makes it feel like and ice level.
- Big gaps in between scares. Which is ok but in this "short" game the fear went away alot. (I don't know how to word this better)
- The corridor change was cool until it wasn't. Changing corridors were used a bit too much. (Just my opinion)
Pretty good experience, with a couple ok jump scares. It also seems like you put time and effort into this game to make it stand out. Keep at it and I can't wait to see what you put out next. GG
Man I searched best itch.io web games on google while at work the other day; I saw this up there so I thought I would give it a download. I'm glad I did, this thing def has charm and it feels exactly like something I will put hours into.
Keep this up I cant wait to see whats nex
This game was a nice little play. I don't think I've come across a backrooms concept like this yet so it's fairly unique in this regards. The monster was ok and so were the puzzles. This game was short and sweet and got eh point across. I'm a little weird so I would want a good scare when the monster actually gets you but that's not necessary. ihope to see more of you in the future. GG
PS. That chair was the scariest thing in this game 6:28
- I would say it did build up the atmosphere.
- Empty schools are creepy in itself
- 087 inspired
- It felt like filler ( as in walk down a stairway nothing happens for a while to go down an elevator)
- Louder doesn't equal scarier.
I would say add one more element. Such as finding a note or unlocking a door to add a little more substance to this game. But since it got me GG lol.
I like to try to give some kind of constructive criticism, but for what this game is, it played pretty nicely. Next time I would try to buy things that are not on the list to see if it would do anything. This game is setup nice for multiple endings as well
I liked the atmosphere this game created the only thing I wish is that there would be some sort of big jump scare at the end.
Normally I try to do some pros and cons to help with development anyway I can. But honestly you seem to have this in the bag. A great demo.
- lighting and sound
-- Which results in great atmosphere
- Most things are interactable
- Small details were taking into consideration
-- And I like the fact that the doll doesn't appear in the hall unless you go see him in the room first.
All in all GGs and I can't wait to see what you bring to the table in the full release
Just a slide in the woods apparently. I had fun with this one, was a little weird on the scene change, sense the title is "slide in the woods" but all in all I would recommend for a quick sit down scare.
I took this opportunity to rp this very scenario in this video. I rp as if I'm in the stairwell going down. It's definitely a little cringey but because of the subject matter I was able to really open up my commentary more ( I normally do no commentary).
I would have to say over all I really liked this experience if it wasn't obvious already. I turned the gamma down to make it alot more creepy. I really like the atmosphere and it progresses ok, there isnt alot of empty space like in a couple SCP-087 games.
I have nothing negative to say this is great would recommend. GG's
I would have to say the baddy is very very under whelming. In some cases can be ok as long as it can have that "presence". The static monster has it sometimes... idk... when I don't see him is when it's the best.
This is just a demo I know so hopefully I don't sound like to much or anything. I just really thought this game was really cool and pretty good too. GGs
Ok... I'm writing this like a week after finishing up the video. I don't know why this took me so long. I don't know why I was over thinking this game so much. but yea... Ok so the very first thing that comes to mind when I remember playing this game was the story setup. With the intro scenes and music building ambience in the background. This really made a great setup and pulled me in to continue playing this game. Next I noticed the animations were smooth and not clunky (example: some games have the movement speed of a model and the animation speed of the model off sync and when it is, it stands out alot)I would say the controls need a bit of finer tuning but that's just the programmer in me plus I try not to say to much about controls in a game unless their really awful because I feel that it's meant to be like that so you can get used to a new experience/feel which might lead to you having to relearn common controls... anyway. The story was pretty straight forward nothing wrong with that and the pacing wasn't to bad either.
The first time I encountered a bug was interacting with the knife which caused my camera to 360 (noscope) if you walked to the side of it. That same bug allowed me to get outside the building at one point and also get the other ending at another. I wasn't going out my way to find these bugs, they just occur while playing. I would just say take a final jog along the parameter of your game at the end to prevent things like this.
And minor camera spasm when you enter a door. I don't know I would just say pause control input for those milliseconds while the camera readjusts.
All in All I enjoyed my time playing this game, and I will be looking out for more.
- Music/Atmosphere/Sound design
- Cinematic feeling cut-scenes
- Good Story
- Great setup
- Couple Bugs
- - 9:33 Second Ending Bug
- - 10:29 Bug allowed me to get outside
- Choices at the end are a little finicky
I enjoyed this project, I will be looking out for more from you. Thank you again. GGs
The very first think that pops to mind is the music. I really liked the music choices and I found myself writing down several tallies for music. The art is what made me click on this game and I'm so glad I downloaded it and tried it out. This art style is very interesting I would really like to see more of this rather it be more "fairy tales" of just these fantastically beasts (Bottom Face Toads lol...). This story was nice and refreshing and I didn't have to try very hard to get into it. And I really like Ascat ( that was the point but whatever you got me lol). The tittle screen and ending screens are very nice as well, and satisfying for what ending you got. Ok I said a lot of good so here is a little bad (The bad isn't all that bad in this case since it's first game jam and because of the basic primis but anyway). How basic this game is. Now hold on that's not entirely a bad thing especailly since this more so story driven, but the with some off these other cons they kinda work against each other. I'm not a big fan of back tracking unless something changes along the way so it kinda feels like filler that makes also how long some of the transition scenes (the ones where the wolf can come) feel longer. And lastly the puzzles I think that adding something like this to your games is a really good idea and it helps break up the monotony of "run here get idea" repeat. I just think the average time to beat needs to be a little shorter (or maybe I'm dumb lol). You spend a little to much time away form the story. This game is great, I actually sat down and took notes on this. Would recommend...
- Art Style
- Long transition scenes
- Puzzle Length
A sewer horror game huh... So tight corridors and soggy socks awaits. I got just that but what I got too much of was the in your face monsters and spooky/chase music that was always playing. I really feel like this game would have benefited from a more of a slow burn or some kind of build up. This game wasn't scary at all and at times you couldn't even see the screen because of the water/splash effects. I did like the addition of you having to sometimes crouch or even... crawl lol. I wish that was used more. This game is just run that's pretty much it.
- Great title music (it makes for a great set-up for your game)
- Brief crouch/crawl tutorial at the beginning (that was a great way to show that hey we will be using these)
- I like mazes
- Too much running (that is how you beat this game, you miss out on alot of things because you have to run the whole time)
- Some monsters are too fast (Water snake kills you even if you are running so it's a gg for you if you see one)
- This game is too in your face (I know that probably was the point seeing as the whole game is like that but you are in a sewer that in itself is scary, you didn't play off that at all just kinda covered it up, like this games setting could have been anything with tight spaces and it would have been the same experience)
- Some of the screen effects need to be turned back a little ( when you get to the high water part you pretty much can't see or make out anything so.. just run)
- And please if we are going to run most of the time and it's a maze maybe make it so that your speed stays the same if you are looking to the side while running forward (strafing) that would boost the experience a little.
12:48 - Good Ending
13:23 - Bad Ending
(1) 3:17, (2) 6:35, (3) 9:48, (4) 10:54
I've been grinding out 2.0 trying to beat it but apparently it was impossible (Hearing that only made me want to beat it more. spoiler alert I didn't. Was it impossible, I don't know, but what I do know is when I saw there was a bug fix I went right back at it.
Honestly the only thing that really catches my attention (atm) is the AI. So the first thing that I think of is has/how her behavior has changed. Adding a Yandere and Yangire state to her. One less aggressive then the latter. Only speaking for the normal mode at least. I didn't "see" much change. Yea I've read the logs and she did a couple different things here and there. but the basic concept of trying your best to avoid her will yield the same experience as the last version just minus the door looping.
I like what I read about the changes and I hope to see more of the Yandere to Yangire differences how ever sight, drastic, or anywhere in between they may be.
Would be cool to see:
Like maybe make it like Yandere could be your life line just you have to keep in mind that she could change at any moment. So one minute she is like you own personal nurse or scavenger or helper like sidekick and then the next you're in a chase for your life.
I really like what the dev is doing with this game and I will continue to follow it and see what is done with it.