no prob bob! and good luck with the rest of the game! ill make sure to drop by now and again to see it :D
Recent community posts
Spent about 2 hours on the game and "beat" the demo and I got a lotta feedback for ya, if you're interested.
But first and foremost I gotta say I love the atmosphere, humor, and overall mood of this game already. Very excited to continue playing it throughout it's development. I do like this game but I have some suggestions to make it... More enjoyable? For me at least.
1. Personally, I think you need to buff the characters plain attacks a bit. I tried a stroll in the alleyway and lost to a garbage bag on the first stage. I shot it with four bullets (some missed and others only did 5) which cost 40 dollars worth of grinding from that merchant dude. Needless to say, I was a little peeved.
2. Another thing you could think about is regenerating trash maybe? Cause it's easy to come across in the alleyways (if you survive) but then you have to sit through the same dialogue over and over and it gets boring pretty quick.
3. The escape. Please do something with the chance on the escape. I swear throughout my whole playthrough I only escaped about 6 times. And I tried to escape at least once on most bodybags and cabinets. It cannot be 50/50... Unless my luck is just terribly awful. My point is I died a lot and it kinda took the fun out of it since you can't avoid most creatures.
4. Speaking of... I know the rooms are generated and you already have that one room in the alleyway with the "run!" Sign but a few more rooms like that would be great in later levels. Just so you don't feel so trapped when you run across some bad luck? I know random choice is a part of it but it got real difficult for me when I kept dying over and over because my guy was too weak and the room kept spawning a two limbed or three limbed bodybag I couldn't escape from. you need to complete the dungeon for cash to buy things to eat or fight with it but to complete the dungeon you need those things already so it's a bit of a conundrum.
5. (This one might just be my terrible terrible luck since I've seen it work for others playing on YouTube but thought I'd mention it) every time I found a giftbox, open or unopened, it was always an enemy of some sort. The two on the regular floors were exceptions I think but every dungeon I saw them in it was always a monster. I might just be salty over my rotten rotten luck but idk this might a common complaint so thought I'd throw it out there.
I don't know if you know this but there's a bit of a hack to keeping or getting rid of characters. If you got a character you want to keep, like a mascot with 2 competence for instance, if you die you just attack the collector and it takes you right back to where you were so you can back out or hope for a better room change then keep playing same guy over and over. If you want to get rid of someone without firing for 50 bucks just die then hit the escape on him (which felt a lot more 50/50 to me than the other monster's for some reason) and then you get a different character, or the same with different stats at least. This could be intentional but I have no clue. It just seems weird with all the money connected to it.
That's another confusing thing. When you die it takes away 50, right? So you should go back to zero in that time you "fight" the collector. But if you escape it says you recieve 50$. But when you get the new character your usually back to zero. At least, that was my case.
Okay so all in all, like the game though it's kind of hard and honestly I had to watch another youtuber because I was stumped on how to find the cheezy bars. With that in mind, was there anyway to open that door in the v.2 of the demo? Cuz I went through the trouble of getting another cheezy bar for the guy in the car after I gave one to the puppet and saw the show/credits (nice ending line btw) but the window was fogged up it said. I didn't complete the extermination mode of the alleyways because I didn't think it was necessary but is that the only way to do it? Or maybe it's not out yet who knows.
Either way, looking forward to updates and I hope any of my feedback helped at least a little and didn't come off as whining. But again this was based on my own experience so please don't think it's bad or anything. I mean, I did go pretty hard for a demo in only v.2 but I don't really leave comments so forgive me.
This is way too long, sorry, good luck, and bye!
AAAAAAAA v 1.0.8 is awesome!! I love this game! I love its style, I love its characters, and I love the music! There's one major flaw from me (which might just be my computer i'm not really sure).
The music doesn't always sinc up. Like i'll walk into the corridor next to the main hospital room (with the save person and the 'shop keepers') and the music will fade out but the new music for the area won't come in for a while. And if you're quick to battle down there, sometimes the battle music doesn't even get a chance to play. It ends up being dead silent besides the sound affects.
Now for the things done AWESOME!
First off, the anxiety. Or whatever that red text is. It's so awesome how it pops up out of nowhere. like when your reading the posters in the hospital rooms! I checked every door in the beginning of the game and I was shocked how the anxiety afflicted the character! It was... interesting to say the least! (It's like I love to hate it, y'know?)
Secondly, The sprites! Oh how I love your sprites. I didn't even take in the coolness of Carna's design until the boss fight and WOW! Oh the details were amazing! And the corrupted sprites make you feel scared, yet sorry for them, and also give some OFF vibes! The supporting characters are great too: especially the lunch lady! I love her hypnotic-looking eyes! And the security guard who wants a sandwich looks pretty neat as well! Even the simpler designs like Doctor Boe(?) look like nothing I've seen before! I didn't even get to the main characters! The highlights of the hair and the dribble that comes out of all the ghost's mouths are super neat! And Robin just has a great ray of expressions from her excited to her anxious.
Sorry if this review is too positive or not giving enough criticism but i'm pretty new at gaming and comenting on it overall.
Oh and one last thing! I'm not sure how but on my first playthrough I managed to walk straight past the security guard on the right and see the room. I didn't get very far because I didn't know what the corrupt soul was yet and walked right next to it and died real quick. But after that I couldn't go there. So maybe it was a glitch? I'm not really sure.