Thanks! Here's some hints/strategies:
- Petrified enemies will block enemy movement, and you can still get mana from their destruction, by you or enemies. Petrifying a large enemy is not only safer than fighting them - it also gets you more mana back from their destruction.
- Arrows are very dangerous - use stoneskin whenever there's an archer around. (I'd intended to implement a more interesting mechanic here, but didn't get to it in time.)
- Stoneskin won't stop the rocks from sling orcs, so it's usually worth the cost to just petrify them on sight (or torch them, if enough other enemies are suitably positioned.)
- Melee combat is the only way to get "free" mana early on, and smaller enemies will die in one hit - don't be afraid to use up your transfusion imps.
- Later, there's also free mana from arrows that miss you and hit enemies.
- Using the exquisite fan will get you a lot of mana if you can make it hit enough enemies across a large enough arc. Torch is very effective cast along a bridge full of enemies.
I hope that helps. Thanks for giving my 7drl a try! :)