Thank you for making this! I thought I'd give it a quick try and ended up completing it in one go because I enjoyed it so much. It's a really fun puzzle game, well done!:)
Recent community posts
Hi! I am happy you appreciate my comment, thank you for your kindness!
And I agree, I'm glad I get to support this matter. Seeing people come together for this cause and movement is fantastic and I hope the momentum keeps going.
I definitely had a good time with your game, and don't worry, I didn't mean my comment as a demand for updates. I'm appreciative of what this game already is and my feedback was mostly some minor personal things I thought could be helpful to know.
Thank you for believing in me and I'm sure I'll enjoy your future projects too! ヽ( ´ ∇ ｀ )ノ
Oh, and thank you very much for liking my art! I feel very honored! Feel free to use it if you like, I'm totally okay with you posting it on your twitter. You don't need to give me a shout out though, that's alright!
First of all, thank you for supporting the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality and this cause in general!
I'm sorry, this comment is kind of long and I don't speak english very well, but I was surprised to see no one had said anything on this page yet so I really wanted to leave a comment.
Ah, and I should probably mention that I haven't beaten this game (yet), but I'm also a very casual gamer so that doesn't mean much. I still really enjoyed playing, though! There are a lot of things I liked so I tried to list some:
- The art style is very cute, this simple retro pixel style is really nice and colourful and I very much enjoyed looking at it, especially since there is a great amount of variety for a one person project with the different biomes and everything. Oh, and the music is nice too!
- I like the learning curve. At first, I didn't really know how to get through certain rooms or what exactly my objective was since the game doesn't take you by the hand too much, but the more you play the clearer it gets and with the power ups you can figure out what you have to do and in which order you have to do it fairly quick.
- The puzzles are fun - my favorite are the snow ball puzzles, they're neat and I also really like the snowman sprites. :)
- The procedural generation definitely increases the replay value and I find it quite impressive that you developed it more or less on your own (from what I understood).
- I think you can feel that this is a project someone genuinely cared about and invested love in. Making a zelda inspired game is a fairly simple idea, but the game does have its own charm and some really lovely details (like being able to light the pumpkins! very delightful!).
That being said, there are a few things I would like to leave some feedback on (I hope that's not rude):
- I found the controls a bit hard to get used to, using z to jump felt kind of weird, but I'm sure that this is also due to the fact that I'm not using a qwerty keyboard.
- It took me quite long to realize that there are other screens in the main menu that explain some more about the game, I usually pressed enter before they showed up because it doesn't seem like there'd be something else, but maybe I'm just not patient enough.
- Some of the hitboxes are a bit wonky.
- This game did crash my computer at some point. I'm not sure what caused it and I didn't manage to reproduce it so I'm sorry this isn't really helpful critique, but I wanted to at least let you know. (‘～`；)
- I understand that this overall a pretty small project that's meant to be played in short sessions but I'd love to be able to save! It would be so nice to come back to a run after closing the game or to try again with the same map layout.
So, if I could wish for anything to be added to the game, it would either be the option to save or maybe a little map because I'm not good with orientation in video games and the procedural generation can make it a bit hard to keep track of things sometimes. :)
Thank you for making this game and sticking with it through its 15 months of spare time development to make it as varied as it is! It's a very endearing (and decently difficult) game!
I had a great time playing this and I'm sure I'll eventually come back to beat it. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ