Sorry to hear that you had fun but didn't see the advantages and differences of the freelook. Overall the game is not a classic dungeon crawler, and it can be controlled with mouse only, which was the primary goal during development.
Recent community posts
Hey, thanks for playing - and the kind words!
There is only one amulet though. ;) It might be that I phrased the end text a bit wrong... In any case, more than one amulet sounds like an idea for a more endless version of the game.
Hey, thank you for playing our little game!
Overall I understand completely where you're coming from. My problem with making the game easier is that it would make it extremely short (it has only 3 levels), and it actually was meant as a more "hardcore" retro-like challenge. That being said, I actually expected that people would make their own notes (to help with memory), and/or write in the comments what they think/know what certain cards can do.
By the way, the room effects not telling you what they are is actually a bug which I got told about only today. They should have real names like all the other cards: "Trap", "Low Ceiling", "Fountain", "Sewers". I will fix this soon.
The scrolls are magic spells, and have - depending on the runes - different effects. But usually they need a context. For example, there's a spell to hurt all monsters, but it only actually works if there is a monster. Other spells you can/must drag on other cards...
Hey, thank you very much for playing - and for the feedback! I guess we should encourage people more to make notes (e.g. on paper) for the game - like scribbling down the map, and what each potion and scroll does (if you find out). ;) The game is pretty short in general, so we wanted to enforce some kind of exploration.
Regarding the bug - interesting, never had that before. (The situation on the screenshot doesn't look unusual either.) If you or anybody encounter this again, maybe try to open the developer tools of your browser and look if there's some message in the console. If yes, I'd be happy to have a look at the error message.
The app finds the folder either directly in the same directory, or inside the .app - if it doesn't work I really don't know what is happening. I just removed the dust from my old Mac and tried the .app myself, and it works without any modifications. :-/ Sorry!
Hey, it depends on how many rooms you set at the beginning. I think with the standard setting a playthrough from start to finish (if you survive) is around 15-20 minutes, but of course it also depends on you and your partner. :)
Just keep in mind it's a prototype, so there's no real end game.
Thanks for playtesting! I guess the somewhat "slow" speed makes more sense for 3- or 4-player matches. If you want you can try to play around with the values in the options.txt file - turn up "playerMoveSpeed" from 8.0 to 9 or even 10. To change the shooting speed, "shootPowerMinTime" and "...MaxTime" define how long you have to aim until the shot gets full power, and "bullletStartMinVelocity" and "...MaxVelocity" define the shot's speed.