Black screen on mac 10.14.6
EDIT: switching windows + switching back fixed it
They really aren't. You can play this game entirely without text. You will figure out what each effect does very quickly, the first time you see it for many of them because the effect is so obvious. The game reveals what the effects are WHEN the effect has applied. Therefore by observing the game you will understand the symbols.
You can play this game entirely visually with zero need to read the symbols. Just pretend the game has no text and play it that way.
The developer has stated porting to Android would require an entire re-write and there isn't enough paid demand on Android to warrant porting.
Will you be making an analog version of Cantrip?
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/contests/solo-duo-challenge#Description is up.
I'm sending your game to its sponsor right now. I would love to hear a podcast episode where you talk about the design.
Thank you. If there are multiple cards were this is the case, a special text to indicate would be nice. Similiar to "causes Burning".
"Limited effect" .. there's a better name but that's the idea
when you can play a card is inconsistent - I can play shared suffering when i have more cards than my opponent for no effect. I think I cannot play the spiked shields card when I have zero shields
How do the gems work? I was able to click and spend a gem to reveal one of the gem slots when I had 4 gems (the fourth gem was bouncing). Cannot seem to do this with fewer gems...
Is there a button input for this?
One more gameplay suggestion: I've seen enemies turn around to hit. It would be neat if the facing of an enemy in the deduction views mattered - ambushing enemies from behind. (Would that make the player too powerful?)
A few experience/quality of life suggestions:
* cutscene sound volume is much higher than rest of game - a bit jarring, especially the crash.
* tell the player spacebar + arrow keys in the tutorial (at least 2 players didn't know about space for items -- I tried X and Z from playing many SHMUP and puzzle games)
* let players skip the intro island with a boat to the west of the spawn point after you have played the game once
* fix i for info/clicking showing explanation (doesn't work on OSX)
* put the deduction tutorial in your first screenshot! I first avoided this game at a glance bc I thought it was a mouse game dragging and dropping pieces until I heard otherwise. Show off the design a little :) it's a great twist on vision in roguelikes.
* player on last hit / dying next turn -> reach boat, should let them survive (gain 1hp back?) I was hoping this would have worked.. dramatic survival.
* more interactions between enemies would be cool. I want to make the horse archer fire an arrow at another enemy, or the tiger eat the bird.. (maybe this happens later, I got past island 7 and saw many new enemies!)
Overall a great game and I like the challenges of the later islands!
If you are a fan of puzzle games or rougelikes this is a great coffee break roguelike.