I went back and it does look like the patterns change, so ignore my third comment!
Recent community posts
Ah, Mr. Driller. I couldn't count the hours I spent in my youth playing the PS1 and DS versions.
This port is a faithful adaptation of the arcade-style gameplay, and looks charming to boot. The pixel animations are fluid and familiar-- Susumu's hair flys upwards as he falls!
I'd happily play this again.
My critique/suggestions for the game are as follows:
- Completely drilling an X block does not notify you of a 20% air loss. This is noted in the how to play section, but most versions of the game display an indicator.
- When Susumu dies, any surrounding air capsules are destroyed! Typically air capsules remain, allowing you to drill around them and carry them below (for when you need them).
- If you intend to expand on the game, look into some of the different block patterns/behaviors and songs (if this is in the game and I did not get far enough down, disregard). One of my favorite parts of playing the PS1 Mr. Driller is digging far enough to get to the two-colored section and going into free fall.
Thanks for the Pico 8 port! It shows a lot of love and care.
I am a lot of things looking to help others
Hello! My name's Benny (They/Them)! Timezone: EDT (UTC -4)
I enjoy deconstructing games for programming and social purposes!
I'm looking to make small to medium contributions to one (or more, if allowed) teams.
- Music: 1 year composition (primarily chiptune), 12 years percussive, 4 years ukulele, 3 months piano, can sing
- Programming: 6 years experience
- Mathematics: Calc III, probability, some differential equations
- Writing: 3.5 years proofing experience
- Art: Can provide poor man's sketches, minor pixeling/spriting experience.
3.) Programs and Languages
- Music: Famitracker, Milkytracker, Fl Studio 12, Audacity, PxTone, 3MLE
- Programming: C++, C, Python, Qt
- Art: Paint Tool Sai, Clip Studio, Gimp
- Other: GitHub, RpgMaker (95-XP, some VX Ace), RenPy
I'm unable to provide a code portfolio.
Here's my soundcloud, though not all of my songs are on it.
- Slack: Benny / Polecats
- Skype: ALEDelric
- Twitter: @M1K4P
I have a strict work schedule that takes up most of my weekdays. This is why I'm looking to make small/medium contributions to one or more teams. In terms of content, you can throw almost any genre at me and I'll be excited. Likewise with any program; I pick things up quickly. I am also interested in amateur voice acting/narration if anyone is looking.