i added blinking dots to tabs that you did not opened yet, but it seems it did not help much; so you are not playing full screen?
Recent community posts
hi, thanks for playing and feedback... lich should give you different spell (appearing in spell tab)... if not then it is a bug. i will check it.
Hello! Currently not :( It would be problem to fit everything into the screen:/
Please tell me more - you are playing full screen? what is your screen resolution? Thanks!
I uploaded new version, check more about update in devlog https://opwis.itch.io/wizard-banished/devlog/414150/update-skill-tree-rebalancin...
hi thanks, I love Theory of Magic and it was one of big inspirations!
you may try latest version on wizardbanished.com, hopefully i will put it on itch.io soon
hi guys, thanks for comments and feedback! i made update, its still not on itch.io, but you may try it on wizardbanished.com. After I will at least somehow retest it, I will put it here. :)
hi! thanks for playing! :)
sorry, did not reply to your message. Lots of things are fixed now. But current version is also kinda unbalanced. You can try after I will release new version, many things should be improved and more enjoyable
hi, thanks for playing and leaving a message! :) Yes its a bit overcursed :D The amount of curses will be reduced in next version and also there will be more ways to handle curses.
hi thanks for playing! I answered partially on discord. Generally many things are already changed and will be in new version
The game has been impressively thought out with lots of things to keep you busy.
- Yes its whats im trying to achieve. Trying to figure out when game gets too idle and solve it. Im glad for every info where you got bored or lost or something
I am wondering if I should use 25 Brainwash spells and go back to wizard level 1 (I am level 250 now). I would lose Tulanga's defence bonus, but would I get many more choices again on every 10th level up?
- currently you can use the spell three times. I put there these "level downs" to reduce grinding wizcoin to progress in the game. as a fast solution. You get specialization level up each 10 levels, so if you will have choices again
Also, after using the spell for 500hp three times, it vanished. Is that supposed to happen?
- i dont know which spell you mean at the moment
And I know that this would make it too easy, but I would love a spell to quickly get stars or a way to boost their production. It takes such a long time to Warriors Books, or even Forest books.
- it will be changed. Warrior book will be cheaper and will help you with curses
Maybe that is one of your plans for the lair. A pet that produces stars if you feed it. That would be nice.
- currently lair is on hold, i started system for upgradable familiars that should be in lair, but i want to focus on second part with time snails more at the moment
With stars generating at 20% of the speed of mana, it's always a long wait between books.
- there will be new skill tree in "learn tab", enabling you to get starbook/s and other staff. ideas for "skills" are welcome!
Anyway, thank you very much for this game. I love it and I will keep playing until my warrior books are full.
- Thank you very much for playing and finding time to give me feedback! Try test version, i sent you link on the discord. You have to start from the scratch, but you may use cheats to speed up your progress and test everything. Some things i mention here are already implemented there
PS.:Yes, reverting to level 1 will give you level 10 selection again:) But you get this selection every 10 levels, so im surprised why you need to go back to level 1?
no, just bombard me :D its very time consuming for me to go through whole game to test balancing and everything, and also every game is quite different, so this info is very helpful:)
rergarding exp - now it is this way - you get monster exp after finishing battle summarized (its EXP reward you see on success screen), if you die, you get no exp
and blissworf is very a rare plant, you know, so its still hidden...:D (no, Im waiting for its role in the game, but I have no idea what it should be at the moment...)
Im still focusing on autosell (its almost done), improving expshop (Learn tab) and want to create autoprogress for battles. I would just need one or two free weeks to finish all this stuff :'D
thank you very much for leaving me comments!
- weaking curse - yes, i agree maybe its too boring in this form, maybe at least should be less weakening
- books - this worked last time, I will check
- quests - at the moments quests should reappear, even if you close them with close icon; but its random, so maybe it was just bad luck... some quests will not appear again after fulfilling them
- level benefits - you mean they are grey and you cant click them? its probably because you will gain some resource where you already are at maximum, so game doesnot let you click otherwise your resources would be wasted; maybe all upgrades should be clickable
thanks again for playing and betatesting!
im finally finishing autobuy feature, so I will fix problems you mentioned with it
This may happen if you upgrade, dont choose level up, save and load... then you upgraded level is saved but you dont have chance to choose your upgrade. I know about this issue, but did not solve it yet
anyway I uploaded new and lightly rebalanced playable version (but still in development) so you may try from beginning if you like.
thanks for reporting problems :)
guys thanks for all comments! :) Im on vacation so not checking internet much.:D i have already prepared fix for about half issues you reported and need to finish the rest and release it.
thank you and thanks for time to leave a comment :) yep i plan to continue with the game. steam maybe later later, game is still very unfinished and buggy :)
you can have two activities because of the cat (its mentioned there, but its not very clear from description...)
also thanks for info about maximum, i made this principle too simple and need to rewrite it.
i already have some fixes done, but want to investigate a bit how to push update to itch.io without destroying local saves. (and need some time to test everything, unfortunatelly my work and my spring drinking activities are slowing me down a bit :))
thank you for all the insights and bugs reported!:)
thanks:) I will check reward for dung. Clicking on locked (but invisible) actions is fixed, but not released yet
thanks for reporting! yep, its a bug, i already know about this. but in combination with bug that you can click even unlocked actions you can click on empty box (which should contain spell), the spell should work. :)
thank you for reporting bugs and game problems. i will prepare release with fixes, but it will take me some time.
Yes, you are right, doesnot make sense to do balancing before implemening new game mechanisms. And fixing bugs. :)
hi, thanks a lot! i fixed adventure corner thing for next release. but i need to think about exp problem, i dont think its connected to adventure corners problem.
and yes, saving...i know :D
sorry, i made a bug here... Blissworf should not appear there at all (it is not finished), but somehow it is there (bad bad Blissworf...)
i never noticed this bug (and it seems it is there from the beginning of game development :D), thanks for info!
Yes, youre right with scrolls, its bug, i made it when adding frog.
Thanks for explanation. Then autoprogress is on roadmap, i also want to add some rewards for already completed maps.
But roadmap is long and wide (and changing sometimes according to my mood :D)
Regarding wizcoins, i think i need to nerf them a bit and also change the level progress pricing approach. I made this increasing cost as a quick solution, it is okey in the game start but i feel that its boring when the cost gets too high. I yesterday talked to my brother who played till level 80 just thanks to wizcoin, making all other gold producing activities irrelevant.
hi! thanks a lot for playing and your feedback and ideas!
- i will add autosave, i did not realize how important it is .) sorry for losing night progress :D i wonder, how you used autoclicker - most of things have its maximums...?
- the scrolls seems working to me - if you hover over a scroll, you should see its mana production per second and also if you hover over mana, you should see how scrolls contribute to mana
this doesnot work in your case?
- all button: yep, i was thinking about possibility to switch right mouse button function (like 10-100-all or something like this). i like dedicated key idea
- scripts for autobuy, autosell - i like the idea and you are not first who told me this :D. I will add some such feature, i think automated selling (unlocked after some time) could be significant improvement (and it wont be so much work)
- repeating maps (battles?) - at the moment you can repeat maps, but you can collect map rewards only first time; you mean that maps would have some rewards every replay? im thinking about generating random battles based on templates
- auto progress - you mean offline production?
thanks a lot again! this feedback is really valuable for me. for me testing game is really time consuming, sometimes i dedicate evening to play the game and be able to balance things, correct mechanisms etc.. :D
(btw if you played long time, there is not much more new content... game is still too beta)
Hi, thanks a lot for playing and feedback! Its big motivation for me.:)
ad 1) yep, i need to improve this a bit
when i run it without changing to full screen, its somehow readable but very small. was it in your case like this or worse?
ad 2) thanks, i will add it. i wanted to give user freedom when to save and when to load, but i did not notice that autosave is quite expected in such games
ad 3) did you notice where were the problems? i know that battle progress is not saved (which was intended, but maybe its wrong)
I like the idea! but im not sure if i understand what i am supposed to do :) Should I remember item prices to sell at better price?