I had the same question, though I believe they meant that you can't make any assets before the jam starts.
Recent community posts
Cloudnovel.net is an online based no-coding visual novel engine, with the possibility of downloading the game as well. It's free to set up an account and use. There is also a ton of assets on the site from characters to icons and gui.
Thanks for the review! As my first game it is pretty full of mistakes lol Especially the voice acting parts (not due to the lovely work of the actors/actresses). I am glad you enjoyed it and hope you will enjoy my future games. <3
So sorry to hear that! I'll add a different 34-bit as well as a 64-bit file of the game. If neither of those work you can also play online at the site Cloudnovel.net. (I too have been encountering some issues; the creator of the site is working to fix them!) Once all is fixed I'll update with a longer more polished version of the demo.
Tiny update: The CGs are being made! Progress has been really slow as I want to make this game perfect, and would rather not rush it with a deadline. But I hope to show a non-spoiler CG within the month!!
There wasn't a comment section but I wanted to say I'm so pumped for this! Definitely going to buy! Aloners is honestly one of the reasons I got into visual novels and making them myself. His character is so well developed and I'm SUPER excited for the new extra after story!
Hey just dropping a note that I enjoyed this game (though I must be awful since I kept getting the 'joke' ending. or maybe just bad ending?) I haven't played the original but this seemed interesting enough so I thought I'd give it a go. The art style was nice and the story enjoyable (though I felt a bit rushed/bombarded by love confessions. I just wanted to know if there was a 'good' ending with Polar!) Thanks for making such a nice game for us all to enjoy.
For those that have played the beta, here are some questions:
1. What is your gender and age? Female, 20
2. Where did you find out about Tailor Tales? Here on itch,io
3. Is the art style appealing to you, or did it take some convincing? It is admittedly different, but as I played the game I had no issue with it.
4. Which (available) character is your favourite? Neil, most likely because he has the most story available.
5. What's your favourite scene? Hmm, not quite sure honestly.
6. What's your favourite CG?
7. Which character would you like to be available next? James or Caine.
8. How many fierce points and how many kind points did you get at the end of each route? I had an innocent ending, leaning towards more kind points than fierce.
9. How much tailoring experience and gold did you end up having at the end?
10. Was it difficult getting gold to purchase the chapters, or was it easy?
11. Was it difficult re-creating garments that were important clients? I.e. the masquerade dress, Angela's dress, or the opera dress.
12. Favourite aspect of the game? The story. The design/dress up part is fun of course, but sometimes I wouldn't design anything between chapters.
13. What do you think of Joselina, the MC? I like her. She's a bit naive but I do like the fact you can somewhat form your own personality instead of being one or the other/a pre-determined person.
I really enjoyed this game. I have to say that Wiserias ending was my favorite, perhaps because I played it last and had other information/understood their actions. It would be great to see even more about the characters (and perhaps more expressions too) and how each of them feels about their world personally.