Sounds good, will do!
Neco The Sergal
Recent community posts
*Rurr* - Gave the game a try, liked the atmosphere, my only criticism is it's TOO SHORT! It built up tension but - if only the game was a bit longer and had something 'actually' spooky in it :( Outside of that? Short but tense.
*Rurr* Hello there! I gave the game a play, although I was hoping for a bit more - I found myself attached to the main character and their woeful development as time progressed, the ending leaving me a bit sad - hoping I could've changed the outcomes - but, it was a good ride, good voice acting and quality.
Anyone curiously stumbling on this page should definitely give this game a go - It's punishing like Dark Souls, Darkest Dungeon and has deep lore and difficult but addicting combat - If you like dark indie horror RPG's? You owe it to yourself to play this - I of course can't wait for more content :P I was able to painfully learn the ways of the game that was at first, very punishing, then learning the ropes until I could simply destroy all the Teaser-version enemies - (Can't say I'll be as confident with New enemies that have abilities and deadly attacks that I won't be aware of) - Every new enemy and situation is a new danger that can lead to an untimely death.
Hmm, good to know then, and thanks for the response - can't wait for more, all I sorta have to figure out is if praying to the alters, sacrificing, and doing any such things properly via learning about the lore of the Gods can present anything substantial, observable, or beneficial or not - such discrete things prove difficult for me to learn outside of trial and error. I still feel that even though you claim the game short? I can see myself getting 5-6 videos done on this alone due to both, the content that clearly is crammed into it - and of course the difficulty.
*Rurr* Hello Everyone! Well, to start things off, I'm always quite critical of 'P.T. Clones' and I'd argue that I get the vibes of RE7 and P.T. from this, but given that it was just more or less a 'Demo' or, Tech demo for resume-like purposes? I gave it a bit more freedom and be less critical, that and it being 9 weeks of development - was very atmospheric, the only thing it was missing was originality under the prospect of its own world, lore, story and such - still, a fun experience!
Been hooked to try to find out where the Ending of the demo/teaser could be, but easily? This is a REALLY hard game, and unforgiving due to the enemies at the get-go, and there being no saves. I'd assume there's no save option in the current version in any sense? How close am I - the furthest I got was somehow sneaking my way down to a rusted-bloody jail area in Level 3, below the corpse-hallway and pull a lever - died afterwards due to poison so I have to try again and find my way through it....perhaps without sacrificing the little girl next time xD I definitely want to continue playing this as much as possible though, It's like Darkest Dungeon but, more morbid and difficult :l
So far I'm giving it a go for a series, interesting a bit so far - though my critique would be that the 'Enemies' being, all just pixelated and 2D breaks the horror immersion of what could otherwise be a bit spooky
Doesn't work? Launched it, it's replaying my voice for unknown reasons in-game? I tried hitting all buttons and I don't move in it? Just viewing a Green screen with meters flickering everywhere and I can't do anything?
....The fuck is wrong with you? Get this shit, your spam, your sad attempts at just 'spreading' yourself like a Cancer in the most pathetic attempts to gain attention - disingenuous. Who'd want to subscribe to someone as desperate and spammy as you? Show more respect, to yourself and to those around you.
BAM! *Rurr* Getting back into the series, I have played Chapter 2 and am releasing it in two chunks, I have my nitpicks and my final thoughts at the end, but overall I still am enjoying the unique theme, optimization and quality in the game. Hope you enjoy!
*Rurr* Hello everyone! I tried out and am making a 2-part series on the demo to play it all out, input/review also inside amongst the commentary. My main gripe is just the lack of optimization, especially since I have a brand new smackin' AMD 480 running and it still was having trouble, going Low/Med/High doesn't change the stuttering - etc.
*Rurr* Hello! I begun playing and enjoying this game :P So I decided especially to make a Let's Play on it and show/review/critique the demo of what's so far available, and I want moar. Hope you enjoy my take on it - There'll be 3 parts to the demo (I'd say the part where you say it's 30 minutes long is wrong though, I'd say the game took 45-60 minutes for me and I'd not think I play slowly! xD)
*Rurr* I really enjoyed this game, at first I downloaded it thinking it was going to be an indie horror game, but was pleasantly surprised - I also wanted to ensure the thumbnail didn't have any spoilers like others did ;o I want more games like this!
*Rurr!* Hello everyone! I saw this video, and being my history of playing PC games like this, mostly my mentioning of an old Amiga game called 'Future Wars' (If you guys love this genre, you should try playing Future Wars) - I'm so far enjoying it and will finish it as a series :P Hope you enjoy.
So to start off, I'm of course creating a whole LP Series on this, I'd like to thank the creator for giving permission for a key - I found it, essentially? Pretty criminal that just 3-4 days ago I looked on Steam to check it out, only to see it had no reviews at the time - then when I begun playing it? I knew it wasn't a shitty game - my reviews/perspective/outlook/praise will be in my series - but overall I'd have to say, there's some rough edges on this game, but, it's definitely a great game, I'd give it 8.5/10 for an indie horror. Inside this thread I'll update and provide my episodes to it as I release them [/IfIRememberthatis]
*Rurr* Hello everyone! I gave my take on the gameplay, unsure if everyone else did this same but...oh boy, did I ever turn what likely was a story of domestic abuse, into a lewd commentary-filled joke - had fun! Hope people enjoy the commentary :P
- Specs I use are:
CPU - i5-4670K - 3.4GHz Quad
GPU - Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB (AMD 280x)
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X - 16GB DDR3
Windows 10, 64 bit.
- Wasn't criticizing one-shot death moreso, but just the, abrupt and anti-climactic 'feeling' it gives off by dying. It's simplistic compared to others, basically?
- Well, I'm not master of rotations and game design with mouse integration so I'd not be able to give suggestions or help there.
- Slenderclone statement - Well, it's how I feel, others could share your sentimentality, so if the game goes on Steam and people disagree with me, that is all well and fine. I have picky tastes and I know that. Though I can also see many who may agree, so the proposition that it could be a make-or-break depending on both Timing, and Mood of the community and the way the game is portrayed, advertised, etc? Is crucial.
- Indeed, the house, although it isn't relatively small, it isn't large enough to have it fully out in the open at the get-go, or people could just speedrun it in 1-2 minutes, without a doubt. A suggestion then that may not 'feel cheap' or make very little sense could be if alternative creatures, lore, is added that introduce the idea that 'Things in the house want to help you, and are against the Wendigo, or simply want to have fun by playing games with both of you" like little Gremlins that scatter the evidence/recordings in boxes, even with perhaps a necessary puzzle - or additionally-needed Key to open it. So you play Cat and Mouse with one mechanic of creatures hiding what you seek - and only giving it if you meet their requirements, whether puzzles/keys whilst being chased by the Wendigo and needing to be cautious of where its location is. If it's just You and Wendigo, it leaves you little room. A suggestion of 'additional characters/creatures' makes it so you have more room to explore 'Why/how/what'. Hell, even that creepy doll that moves and stares at you, if not used for other things, could be the one leaving you the evidence, the clues on where, when? Is by little footsteps and noises it makes, or if within a radius, you hear it, see it in the distance at the corner of your eye running around a corner, hinting 'it's this way'.... If not that, to trick you into leading you to where the Wendigo is if not paying attention to troll you. Potential always exists where ideas exist. If at least that, or similar were introduced, it'd not seem lame - but enhance the story and lore and atmosphere all in one, but it'd require more work, of course. At the end of the day, such work is always appreciated by consumers and those who recognize the effort put into a game, the little things go a long way.
If not that I'd just boast that I leak ideas and suggestions like diarrhea so it's never an issue for me to think of workarounds or fixes - I just don't have the coding and dev-skills to implement those ideas.
Thanks for handling my criticisms maturely.
Bought the game, as I thought it looked promising. I was left disappointed. So I'll leave my critical thoughts, feedback, and I'll be uploading a video going through my frustrations later.
- Game is definitely unoptimized, had to turn everything down to low, and even then it would have drastic lag spikes and an FPS of around 10-15 while other random moments? Smooth - lowering the visuals to minimum barely helped it.
- The creature is.... quite a bit lame, there's no spook to it. It's just, you get touched? You die - gg, you dead - replay? No atmosphere, no sound effects for death, nothing like that. Ontop of that, the creature is a moron, you close doors and it just backs off and acts like "Shucks, the door cockblocks me from chasing the guy!".
- Holding E to activate a mouse that isn't visible to open/close doors is problematic and open/closing doors feels bad.
- What the developer fails to tell you what the game basically is? Is a Slenderman Clone in a House - but even worse, and for $5. I've seen better things for free, I'd request a refund if I could, honestly. Now why I say it's a bad Slenderman clone is? The GOAL of the game? Is just to collect 10 Recorders (Instead of 5, 7 or 10 Pages) and the incredibly lazy stunt that is pulled is that the Recorders you have to collect before leaving the house? They are scattered in select locations to be found - ONE at a time. Only ONE will be VISIBLE at a time, you FIND it? Then the 2nd will Magically appear in any of the rooms, hallways, or places you've already been in. They are invisible or non-existent until you find one, then the '1' next one appears, rinse and repeat. It is a poor way of extending the length of a game, that would then? Only be 10-20 minutes in length. The fact that the Recorders are INVISIBLE and ONLY appear after you grab one, is stupid. Slenderman, at least all the pages were visible and collectible based on whichever you can get to first. In this? You have to comb through the whole house for 1 recorder - find it - then Re-comb the house to find another recorder, rinse and repeat. That is horrid.
None of this is mentioned in the store page description, just this vague one: "The Wendigo - is a first person investigation horror game set in a Victorian era mansion, located in the heart of a forest. You must rely on your instinct and intuition to survive the horrors that lie within. With tools to aid you, you will seek answers, but will you survive?" - "Upon arriving, you and your team begin to setup for the investigation. After you finish unloading and assembling the command station you realize none of your friends have returned from preparing their areas...you must now find out what has happened to your team before their fate becomes your own..."