Good point! We are redesigning the Irydes Woods level for the next build, so I will incorporate that feedback. Doesn't seem fair to waste a player's progress in the level if they don't know that the boss is coming.
Recent community posts
Appreciate the feedback and the video to go along with it!
- Gear Tyrant is an optional fight as the mission priority is to rescue hostages. Boss will run away if you damage them too much in one go.
- The time stamp helps narrow it down! That transfer bug should be fixed by the next patch. We also have a third mission to go to.
- All 4 characters should be playable by the next patch. Currently, only Chirij really works. Some AI tweaks will be added as well.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a Let's Play. You are awesome :)
Hey, thank you so much for playing the game! I'm glad you liked the concepts, this game was my chance to test them out and refine them over the next few months. Hopefully, it will make it stand out among other RPG Maker games. To the points that you mentioned:
- So, the Stances aren't a strict combat triangle. Right now High counters Low, Low counters High and then Mid is sort of a safe stance. In my mind, what skilled play looks like is going for the opposite stance as the enemy to maximize your damage and going for the same stance as the enemy to minimize incoming damage. This can be done if the player knows which skills allow them to transition between Stances and what stances they know the enemy to likely be in. But I agree, right now it is not intuitive and I will improve the tutorialization of that.
- Good catch on the spelling errors and the missing background sound. Those will definitely be fixed by next patch (which is in two days!)
- Good call on the stance icon position. Will try to figure out the UI scaling for that as there are enemies of different sizes.
And no, you are not being nitpicky at all. This is exactly the sort of feedback I'm looking for! Appreciate you taking the time to respond :D
Hey, tried out your demo. It is really well polished and plays pretty well! However, I did run into a small bug where in a battle I couldn't select any of my skills as Priestess (including "Wait", which stalled the game entirely). This happened again even after quitting out to the main menu then jumping back in. Took a picture, if that helps:
(my mouse is on the first skill, but the selection UI to heal targets isn't popping up)
Other than that, best of luck on the Kickstarter and looking forward to playing this as a full game :D
Hey, thanks for posting your thoughts! Here are a few things that might help:
1> The location of the gates is at the bottom of the Xalban Fort level which you will get to by going to the right (where you will see the gate), right again, then up and then down the stairs, then to the left, then down again. We will make this objective more clear in an upcoming build.
2> This is a known bug that will be fixed in the upcoming build. Thank you for pointing it out!
3> This is a game with turn-based combat. Each round, you select an action from the menu that your character will do like "Weapon Tech" or "Battle Arts" or "Use Items". Once you have selected your actions, each person will execute their actions in Turn Order (which can be seen on the bottom-right). This will continue until either all the enemies are defeated (resulting in Victory) or all of your party being defeated (resulting in a Game Over).
4> Yes, you can avoid the arrows by moving away from them on the map. Arrows are fired in set patterns so you can move between the gaps in order to approach the archer. The first arrow that hits is done so that you learn what the effect of getting hit by an arrow is. As this isn't clear, we will change the effect so it is more clear. Options will also be available in later builds which can let you slow down the arrows.
5> If each person is your party is Knocked Out (lose all of your Health Points) either in a fight or on the map, you are sent to the Game Over screen. To avoid this, use skills like "Breather" and items like "Potion Vial" to heal yourself and your allies. There are also wells that heal you up to full health in each level, so keep an eye out for those.
I hope those points improve your experience of the game. Feel free to ask more questions and give feedback.
Follow the game so that you can get updates on when these get fixed :)
Hello, itch community! I have been working on this game for the past ~3 months and it's finally ready to show the world. It started as a weekend jam prototype for RPG Maker MV and has slowly evolved to something quite special.
No random battles. Battlefields have moving enemies, live hazards and destructible pathways.
Prime Maxima: Warrior is a micro-JRPG that focuses on dynamic stages, scarce resources and deep combat system. No time is wasted grinding for levels or gathering crafting materials, instead the focus is on doing the best with what you have. As of this build, you can experience 3 unique Battlefields, try out 12 different weapon combinations and take on many different enemies and bosses.
Over the next few months, we hope to add in new Battlefields, refine the combat to where players are rewarded for skillfully seeing where the flow of battle is going and include more story elements and progression to make for a fulfilling 3 Hour campaign.
Interested? Check out our game demo here: https://mythatelier.itch.io/prime-maxima-warrior
Hey all, if you've had a chance to play the game I would love to know what you thought of it, where you felt things were too easy/hard, what stuff was hard to understand and how you believe it could be improved. Similar to bug reports, the more specific you can get the better I will be able to address the issue. I will do my best to accommodate your feedback into future builds. Of course, if you just want to fling insults at me, that's okay too (I'm fair game, but don't target other posters) :P