I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME!!!!!
i had been playing this game for 3 days and all the time i spent completing those routes was worth it. i can't even begin to explain how good and well-made this is. every little detail that was spent into this game didn't go unnoticed. the efforts of the creators to make a game possessing high quality graphics and an incredible story definitely paid off as i am certain that everyone who decided to download and play this game was not disappointed. i don't even know how i'm forming sentences right now. i just finished the 5 routes and am in complete spazz mode over how amazing that experience was, so forgive me if i sound repetitive or as if i'm spouting incoherent sentences.
OK FIRST OFF: THE CHARACTERS. GOD I LOVE ALL OF THEM. and yes, when i say all, i mean all of them! even the villains and the side characters. THEY ARE ALL SO LOVABLE. i can tell how each character was not merely present to serve as plot device but each of them had their own complexities, their own insights, their own opinions and ideals that they wish to come true. even though this is fictional in every way, i found myself often feeling empathy for the characters.
SECOND OF ALL: THE SCRIPT. the way each setting and each action was described was so vivid and well-executed that i literally had to stop and pause the game several times, because i couldn't take in the beauty of the words being used. they were used so effectively in a way that really captures the emotions of the situation being presented in the game.
AND FINALLY: THE GRAPHICS. like how????? the special scenes were too beautiful that sometimes i felt like i didn't deserve to look at them iabdabdabuf. several times, i found myself gasping and just shaking my head at the magnificence of the graphics. this art style has won my heart so many times and i am so happy because it suited the story really well.
also, i suggest that you follow the recommended playing order, because there are some pieces of information about other routes that will be revealed to you which might decrease the suspense factor of the plot.
that being said, here's the list of the routes from my most favorite to least.
- i feel like this is inevitable since he is pretty much endgame just basing from the opening itself. the special scenes with waltz (ESPECIALLY THAT ONE IN THE FOREST OHMYLORD) are so precious that even though i promised to stay loyal to rod, i found myself swooning over him. also, i find that my character's relationship with him is the most adorable out of the others. also, this route has the best ending, because everything felt resolved and there was enough closure with each character. this is also the only route in which i get to actually experience an overdue confrontation with the king and that part made me bawl hard.
- was this expected too?? lol but this is less because of fritz himself and more because of varg. i got so attached to him (maybe because i'm naturally drawn to bad boy types idk) even though i tried to resist because i knew he was going to vanish in the end. :-( now i'm sad again. i legit cried over varg after finishing this route for like 10 minutes because he didn't deserve that ending ;-; this route probably has the worst ending imo but it was worth it. at least i got some special scenes with varg ;u;
- THOSE HATE-TURNS-TO-LOVE RELATIONSHIPS ALWAYS GET ME. and rod is so freaking cute!!! he's the type i always immediately get attracted to in otomes. (short, blonde hair, blue eyes, kinda looks like a shota, you get the picture) i don't like the ending tho. i hate it when the endings seem temporary and unsure :-(
- i thought he was going to be the playboy type at first but i was so wrong lol i love how overprotective he is (literally everyone in this game was but) and how much he cares for my character despite being selfish. as it was stated in the game itself, my character relates with him the most and they improved together which is so cute.
- ok this route was cute, but for some reason, i couldn't empathize with rumpel's character that much. i understood his ideals and his principles, but out of all the other relationships, i felt like this one was the most unnatural or misfitting. i just felt like they weren't suited for each other??? idk
OK FINALLY I'VE SPAZZED EVERYTHING OUT OF MY SYSTEM THANK GOD. and also, A BIG THANK YOU TO THE DEVELOPERS OF THIS GAME. you guys will be remembered as our otome saviors. but in all seriousness, i love you for making this amazing game and for being such skilled and talented people. please make more.
edit: i've left the game running for an hour in the background now, because i don't want to quit it. the game affected me this much.
edit 2: i'm still listening to the music in the background lol sfienfiewni
edit 3: how does one get over a game and move on with their life