Thanks Roberto! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D
Recent community posts
Thanks so much again for everyone who submitted to this game jam! This was the first time we tried something like this so apologies for the delay in getting the videos up online. We ran into some technical difficulties the night off, but all of the submissions were played! You can watch highlights of all the games here, read aloud by the audience. Overall, it was really amazing to go through everyone's entries and hope you had a good time doing this jam!
PART 1PART 2
Please keep in touch with me via Twitter @mikerenyi. I hope we'll be able to do more in the future!
Hi everyone! It's almost the end of the jam! Please feel free to contact me via twitter @mikerenyi or on this thread if you have any problems uploading your games. If you've already submitted, let us know what your game is about! Excited to play all the submissions!
Hi everyone! How are your digital poems coming along? We have a little under two weeks left for the jam, still plenty of time to make something!
I thought I'd open up this thread for inspirations! These are games that I feel are pretty unique in their experience (plus most are quite short!). Feel free to contribute with anything that inspires you!
- "Stars" by lysander - https://kreutzerland.itch.io/stars
- "Beautiful aesthetics. Minimal text, really captures a mood with color and text. "
- "Wolfgirls In Love" by Kitty Horrorshow - https://kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/wolfgirls
- "With individual words flowing down the page, timed to the rhythm you should read at, this game is poetry in motion. "
- "Growth" by Liz England - https://lizengland.itch.io/growth
- "Horrifying, disgusting, and really smart use of links."
- "Mother" by Porpentine - http://slimedaughter.com/games/twine/mother/
- "surprisingly sweet :)"
- "Coping Mechanisms" by lysander - https://kreutzerland.itch.io/coping-mechanisms
- "One word interaction creates a dynamic reading"
- "Haiku" by Flaminia Grimaldi -https://flaminia.itch.io/haiku
- "The player based choice of lines helps to set your own mood. Also lovely ending!"
- "Begscape" by Porpentine -http://slimedaughter.com/games/twine/begscape/
- "Gamifying poetry in its essence."
- "Here" by Phillip J Rhoades -https://howtophil.itch.io/here
- "Actions lead to verses in a poem you discover as you play."
- "Climbing 208 Feet Up the Ruin Wall" by Porpentine -http://slimedaughter.com/games/twine/vines/#1
- "Distilling one action to tell a full and compelling story."
Hi Phillip! I added your story "Here" to the list of inspiration games on the jam page! 😊Thanks again for sharing your resources, they will be of great help. I hope you get a chance to make something for the jam!
Hey Phillip! Yes! thanks so much for sharing this. I really liked how it flows into little poems based on your choices. The writing and choices work really well together. The different endings also add a lot of replay value and with the short passages, it didn't feel like a burden to start again. Overall, I really enjoyed it!
Yes! Part of the fun is adapting written poems with the interactive nature of twine. You are welcome to start from an existing poem, as long as the final project submitted is a twine project!
Yes! At the end of the jam, you submit just one project. The main requirement is that the project is less than 300 written words. I think it's quite experimental as to what a "poem" in Twine should look like. 😌 Check out these reference games, they have a pretty cool hybrid feeling between normal twine stories and poetry like experiences. Let me know if you have any other questions!
"Wolfgirls In Love" by Kitty Horrorshow https://kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/wolfgirls
"Stars" by lysander https://kreutzerland.itch.io/stars
Hi there! Yes, I'm working on making it mobile ready, but it will take a bit of time. :) The current version only supports web browsers on computers. I'd love to chat more about how I can help! Feel free to email me at Mikerenyi@gmail.com or DM me on Twitter @mikerenyi. Thanks!