watch out for the naughty one
Recent community posts
More awesome non violent FPS action ideas that friends on twitter suggested:
- Play a medic on a battlefield. Completely unarmed, you must run out into artillery fire to render aid and drag wounded comrades back to safety.
- ghostbusters style ectoplasm ghost trapping shooter - don't cross the streams!
- Firefighter in a skyscraper! strategically spray water and rescue civilians
- TAGGER! spray painting shooter, can you cover the town in art while evading the fuzz?
- Litter blaster: zap butts to clean up the city
- Frisbee golf, or play golf with the balls shot from a golfshotgun
- Snowball fights!!!
- Finally, think of nerf/splatoon/paintball: options aplenty if you want the same feel as a military shooter with less gore: paint/slime/water
Here's my idea for the jam:
"GUNSEED!" an explosive fps where you shoot SEEDS into the mud,
blast WATER onto plants, MACHINEGUN pollen everywhere,
toss plantfood GRENADES, and reap the souls of wheat with your razor sharp SCYTHE
Another fun idea would be "INSULT FIGHTING"inspired by Monkey Island Sword Fights
Or how about cake or ice cream decorating with icing blasters and sprinkle cannons!
Or how about an ARCHERY GAME starring cupid?
Or a NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY game with a telephoto zoom sniper mechanic!
If you think you are creative enough, I challenge you to make an amazing fast action shooter where you don't HURT anyone; can you think outside the killbox to make something fun without blood and gore and hate? I bet you can't. If you can, you are a game design god.
P.S. Have fun, and please note that I fully respect and play bloody gory violent games all the time and will NOT look down on violent games, this is just a fun creative challenge. BLAST FREELY, gamedev friends! YOU choose what to do, there are no wrong answers.
@Trikki This is a hack of a platformer game engine I coded for a Ludum Dare a few years ago, which itself uses something called JAWSJS, a realy old html5 engine, with some new audio routines from HOWLERJS.