Sorry for the confusion. I attached only the obj_emu_demo object because it's the only thing I changed from the base demo. I thought having that as the only file would make that clear but re-thinking that logic makes no sense. So yeah, use that obj instead and it should produce the leak.
Yeah I eventually found the text var and just tried updating that directly, but I'm still getting this weird mem leak that makes no sense. Here's another version where I'm updating the text var directly:
(It's only the 1 obj since we've established that's all I changed ;)
I'm just incrementing timers... it's weird. It's only when the summary tab is in focus does the memory just steadily climb.
Maybe you've fixed it in your newer version, though. I haven't had a chance to update anything based on your post. But I'd still be curious for you to check it out. Just for my sanity.