I dig this - Neat little chill game with a good message. It actually brings up a lot of thought around GameDev and staying positive and hydrated :) Good stuff.
Recent community posts
Thanks so much. I can't wait to share it. Testing it is a Blast so I'm sure people will dig it. It is unique and a little different. A chill experience. My kids absolutely love it. I love it. You can't ask for more than that! Thanks again...
Played the demo for a bit today - Great concept. Cool mechanics! I want to play more when I have time and join one of your live streams. Great idea and fun game here. Just thinking of the code for the conveyor belts makes my mind melt - hahaha Great Stuff!
Wow! Thanks a million for the great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed my little game. It has its rough edges, yet I am very proud of it as a one person team. The feedback you provided makes my day and is very constructive. I can answer some questions:
The Gun Level:
Each level you do more damage. Off the top of my head I think it is 4 shots to kill a deer on level 1 yet only 2 on level 2. Level 5 is the cap.
Believe me - I want a save. It was my first time working with GMS2 and I laid the whole game out and when I went to add the built in save, loading the game again literally broke all the depths on the instances making all the menus behind the player etc? I will need to build out a save function from the ground up and refactor the way some of the variables are setup. Bla Bla Bla Dev talk, yet it has made me super sad to not get it implemented as it is 1000% needed for the game.
I had it implemented in the early stages of the game. Would be cool to have a reason to use energy and also you could get more hungry after running a lot. All ideas. I might revisit this.
I'm really happy with your kind words here. I have seen you on my Twitter feed. I will continue to check out your work there. I'm pretty relaxed around game making and sometimes use it almost therapeutically. Life is Short = Be Creative !
Thanks my Friend :)
Breaking down gear would be awesome. Sound like you're deep in though on this and money :)
The enemies seemed pretty well balanced. The bees were super fast and "dodge' was totally needed. I found it to be challenging. If I got too many enemies attacking me at once it got a little difficult and I got my ass handed to me a couple times. But I never felt it too overwhelming or underwhelming. Again - it seemed pretty well balanced and was hard enough that it made me want to level up. Kept me wanting to continue (important to keep players wanting more). Too easy and it gets boring. I did not find it too easy. I'm sure you know this already, but this balancing stuff is crucial and a tough part of Development - I feel you are very close on this already and that is fantastic ---
Seriously though - great stuff here man!
This is so good man!
I played and beat the first Realm, got to level 5, upgraded my character and beat that damned Lumberjack!
My Thoughts and Feedback:
- The leveling/Inventory system feels great and all I really need is some place to sell of my old un-needed gear (And a Place to Spend my Money). I really liked this part of the game. Very well done.
- The combat is good and rewarding. I did feel I was moving a little slow, yet it seemed pretty balanced for the speed of the enemies. I would get my cursor lost when there was a lot going on. A cross-hair or Pointer Graphic would be sweet !
- The Skills - So Great! Makes combat really fun a customizable. I look forward to opening more of these as I am only level 5 (and there are 3 more classes to play).
- The Art - I love it! Perfect and simple and the little animation added give it a cool feeling. The enemies are great!
- The Sound - For some reason I have no sound? I logged a comment in the Bug Section of this discussion board. Not sure if this is expected in the current build.
I really like this game and think it has great potential. Of course there is more balancing and Dev work that I know you are working on. All-in-All you have a great start to something awesome here! I will continue to play and give feedback when needed. See you on Twitter ;)
Somehow I am getting a single Iron Ingot added separately to my inventory bar. When I try to build something it says I only have 1 Iron Ingot. Cannot Build anything that requires more than 1 Iron Ingot. Happened in more than 1 game-save so far.