1. Did believing you could play this only once impact how you made decisions?
It made me more nervous about picking "wrong" answers that would make the game end badly. I might play it again , but it is interesting to think about what you could do if you only had one chance.
2. What do SAL and Ash look like in your mind? Did you mentally assign a gender to either or both characters?
I thought of her as some sort of advanced lab computer, and I thought of him as a worker at the place. I can't imagine people or places as images in my head, so I didn't really think about how they looked too much. I thought of her of a girl, but as she and I alternated bettween he and they for him, settling on him after some thought.
3. What choices did you make? How did your game end?
At the first choice I picked _"No. I believe you and I must talk." because pretending everything was fine seems like a bad idea, then I picked _"I don't think I'm capable of fully loving you." Because I think that hiding the truth is a bad idea, and it seemed like a cop out. At the next option, I really wanted to go for "I was not made for physical intimacy" but _"My understanding of our relationships rests in very logical places." seemed more in character and like a good choice as well. At the last choice #2 seemed really dramatic, #3 seemed like a cop-out. and after option 1 seemed really heartwarming, esp after the speach that ash gave (that speach made me think of asm as a real character, and without it I would have gone with 3).
4. What did you like and dislike about this game?
I loved SAL's inner thoughts and the delema that she was facing, the gender neutral pronouns just worked very well (there are a lot of games where they don't work) I liked both the characters and how they thought, the idea of this game is handled really amazingly with a maturity that is almost never seen.
5. How did this game make you feel?
Contemplative, nervous, happy, sometimes saddish. Once everything seemed to work out I was happy, and the way the game dealt with its theams made me very contemplative. The music fit well with the game. I love the way that even though they have very different perspectives, they are able to appreciate and love each other
6. Do you want to see these characters again? What would you want to see in a follow-up?I would want see them again, but can not think of anything in perticular that I would want to see, the big thing for me is the way that you portray the situation and the people+ the strength of the writing, and that is not going to change
7. What predictions do you have for SAL and Ash's relationship? Where do you see it going? I cant imagine anything sexual, seeing as she is a computer, but I can imagine them being partners. I keep finding myself wanting to gush about how good the idea and writing are, but I can't think of anything to say.
8. Any other things you want to mention? You are such an amazing writer! I love the way that you make the characters just click, and be thoughtful, heartwarming and everything. I clicked on the button expecting to find a timewaster as I was waiting to sleep, and It blew me out of the water! Sorry for the wall of text!