Fun little platformer. Very well done. I love all the spritework. The colors pop, it's very vibrant, the characters are cute, and the music fits the tone well. Everything about the game makes me feel warm and good.
I noticed a couple of issues, but nothing major:
- no sound effects for picking up coins or stomping on baddies
- you can fall right off the left side of the world
- I sometimes flew upward after jumping on enemies, sometimes not so much, it was a little unpredictable
- I could not get past the cabbage over the spikes - over and over he killed me!
- pressing the jump key seems to make you jump a constant height, regardless of how long you hold it (I think that's why I got stuck on the cabbage)
All of these issues I think can be ironed out with relative ease, and are to be expected in a jam with tight time constraints.
I think the concept shows a ton of potential. The art is fantastic, and it's very well executed.
This game makes me happy. I hope you keep working on it and I look forward to playing the full version!