Recent community posts
Pretty cool stuff! I really liked the visual presentation of it all. The controls were a little fiddly though, and I did find myself stuck in the ground or launched several feet into the sky in certain areas. Nice job overall!
What I did play was really neat stuff! Nice visuals and enjoyably creepy. Did notice a few spelling errors but besides that it was all good. However, I have become stuck at a point shortly after the lights go out. After cutting through to the crack in the basement, talking to Tim he mentions tying him up. I can't find any way to proceed from here and I believe I've clicked on everything/tried to use what I have on everything. If you could guide me on the next step it would be much appreciated ;).
Saw the ending coming fairly early on, but overall that was really nicely done experience, especially so for a first game. The visuals in particular were really neat looking. Great atmosphere building too. I'd definitely be up for seeing more projects in this style, nice job!
Okay this is a tech demo, so I imagine a lot of these issues are going to be ironed out in the full release of the game, but i'll list everything I encountered in order anyway:
- Spelling error in tutorial sort of area, the box to enter the game proper says "start the gamerty".
- Upon entering the game; notes do not work. Picking them up brings up the commands to rotate but no note, just blurs the screen. Same goes for the objects labelled Paper in the lockers.
- Ideally the stamina bar would be in one corner, not in the centre of the screen.
- No indication of having an inventory/being able to use the camera.
- Even after picking up the flashlight, the character says they forgot their flashlight.
- Hiding doesn't currently work. You can hide, but afterwards the hiding symbol doesn't go away, meaning you can stand right in the creature's face and it can't see you.
- Downstairs, walking into the left table with the covered body creates a bright green lighting issue, sort of like having the night vision on.
- Locked doors do not operate properly. They open but leave a sort of invisible door with windows and a handle. It was impossible to complete the demo as the upstairs doors could not be passed.
As I say, I understand this is only a tech demo. I liked the way the character handled and moved, and the line of sight on the creature was neatly done (there is nothing more infuriating than an enemy that just knows where you are, even without line of sight, hah).
Pretty fun stuff, I definitely felt the Layers of Fear inspiration too. Agree with some of the other comments that the story could have benefited from a bit more fleshing out. One other little gripe I had was that the font chosen for some areas like the doors being locked would have been better were it something more in keeping with the tone of the game, as it is it is quite out of place. Nice job overall though!
Probably the same issue as mentioned by anythinggaming, but it was way too difficult to control. Desperately needs some options for mouse sensitivity and on a lesser note motion blur, as both were so high it was practically impossible to navigate. Looks neat, but unfortunately I could not really play it as it currently controls. Also, regardless of what resolution I put the game in most of the menus ended up getting cut off.