Ok, so we went to OGW pre-release and I pulled a Wasteland! Jet went 3-0, so it was a very big success. Got up this morning and finished off the in game editor (set showDebug = true; when you compile to turn it on). Jet got the level designed. Edited level are placed in your personal directory since I can't write to internal files (users/yournamehere/levels/level_1.txt in Windows). The format is trivial so you can add as many levels as you want. We have 5 for starters.
Things that still might go in tomorrow but probably won't because we're pretty tired from not getting home until 4:30 am last night:
- Ship Animation to provide visual feedback on why you are spinning and why you are spinning at your RPM.
- More Levels. This would really require a way to gain lives.
- Viewport border with rotation. Visual feedback for the viewport.
- Asteroid starting angle/location. They all start in the same place right now.
- Working screen rotation on Android. Currently locked to landscape because rotation messes up the system.
- Varying better asteroid graphics. What is there is actually the original placeholder.
- Tween RPMs. It turns out you don't need them for basic levels, but advanced levels could use this effect.
In any case, what exists is pretty close to the original idea so overall success. I'll add a post mortem next week if I get the chance.