No. I uploaded it with the win floor set as 3 and not 10. meaning there are like 3 enemies the player will never see. (Face Palm)
Recent community posts
So this will be a change log going forward of everything different.
- The Slime has been replaced by the bandit as the basic enemy
- The slime now removes one max HP if it hits you.
- Potions Spawn less
- added some small effects
- A bandit will show what it type it steals
- changed the HP UI to show max hp also.
- Added the new Salamander Enemy
- Redid the Main Character Sprite.
- changed scroll sprite to fit theme better as a book page
- added the amulet treasure (Might get back a spell after casting)
- Changed the HP to a bar instead of a number.
- Added a title screen
- new animations and effects
- Pages move
- Heal Animation
- Feather animation (Placeholder for now. Need a better item for this)
- Clouds! pretty cloud shadows
- Book actually shows up on the last level.
Well Big updates to this so far.
So these are the changes:
- I have changed the resolution and the layout of the screen.
- The inventory has been changed and now holds both spells and treasures.
- Treasures are items you carry with you and have passive benefits
- Feather - Will heal you if you die (Needs a better name,)
- Shield - increases your max health by 4.
- Life Leech - small chance to gain a heart when you kill an enemy
the game feels good now so my next tasks are
- Add 3 new spells (Not sure what yet)
- add 3 new treasures (Not sure what yet)
- add 2 more enemies (not sure what yet)
- name the game
- Create the intro, ending, and dying scenes.
the main thing I was kind of aiming for was Items. I wanted the player to be really focused on using the items they found to try and beat the levels. I think the problem I have at the moment is Items are too limited in their scope. The Fireblast and stuff are nice to blast out walls and I have done that to create shortcuts to get to the exit. I wonder how it would feel if I removed attack all together, but that means I need to find a mechanic where the player always has items. I am also wondering if maybe I could go further and use items as a type of currency maybe have the player sacrifice scrolls for health or something.
Edit: oh about the Art. I am using the Pico8 color palette as a challenge to myself. It allows only 16 colors very limiting, but limits breed creativity.