Thanks for this!
Recent community posts
Please can you clarify the commercial license?
It sounds like if we purchase this asset, we are still required to give credit? That's quite unusual. Typically, for paid assets, credit is "appreciated but not required".
There appears to be a small problem with the colors on the purple receptionist.
- Left: From "3_Animated_objects" folder
- Right: From "1_Interiors" folder
Also, on the last two frames, her arm is missing. Or, if that's on purpose, the outline of the keyboard is missing.
Smaller files work better!
Instead of having one Room_Builder_16x16.png that contains a lot of different things, splitting it up into a number of smaller files would be much easier to work with as a developer, especially when there are frequent updates.
So you could have a Room_Builder folder and that could contain:
For the animated doors:
- The static assets and the opening animations have no shadow below the door.
- But the locked animation has a shadow below the door.
So if a door has no shadow at first, but then plays its locked animation, it ends up with a shadow!
For consistency, please can you standardise this to either shadow or no shadow across all door animations?
Hey, I bought this yesterday and I really enjoy working with it!
Please would you consider adding the following?
- Hair / Beauty / Nails Salon
- Sauna / Spa (for after the gym)
- Games Shop
- Pet Store
I understand that you have some of these elements already, but it would be fantastic if you could build them out into dedicated themes / rooms, please.
Just bought this and I am trying to recreate the Receptionist Scene (your very first example at the top-right).
I am using the tiles from Interiors_16x16.png, but I am struggling to get it to look like your example, while adhering to a 16x16 tile grid.
It looks like you deviated from that grid with either the stairs or the desk? You somehow tweaked the red carpet, which normally is longer, and I just can't figure out how to recreate the border around the edges of the elevator doors?
I am referring to the elevator that is shown on the left in this post:
Hey, just wondering if you saw my reply, and whether or not you were planning to make some more additions to it?
Really love what you've done so far, but would really appreciate if you could have a look at rocks and walls when you get a chance :)
Awesome, I love it, and so quick! Thank you so much!
Love the littler trees, the giant stumps, and ohh there's soo many snowman now - I especially like the deer one! Thanks as well for the tents and gates, and all those mushrooms and flowers, its going to make my level so much more varied! The stairs are fantastic!
Wall Colors - For the walls, since it is winter, I was thinking it would be great to have a wall that's made of snow (similar to the style you've got on the left of Tileset 3, with the white-lightblue-blue) and one that is made of frozen ice (similar to the style at the top-right of Tileset 3, with the diagonal stripes).
Wall Sizes - I think it's important to be able to make taller walls, so it would be fantastic to have wall-top, wall-middle and wall-bottom that can be combined. It's also really important that these include diagonal pieces as well.
PS: If you make additions like these, it might be better if you could put them onto new sheet/file, as changing the dimensions of the current files may make it difficult for people to re-import into their game engine without affecting their current tile palettes and level tilemaps. A great way to avoid this problem is to make each tileset a fixed size, fill it up from top-left to bottom-right, and when its full, simply make a new one.
Thank you for your reply, that sounds fantastic!
I think what is currently missing is this:
- Level boundaries: I am not sure how these are called, but I could really use some "snow walls" for the outer edges/borders of my level. See these walls
In addition, I think what would make this tileset even better, is adding a little more variety to the decorative props. For example:
- Tents: I would love to see you adding a recolor of the three existing tents in yellow and also light orange/brown as a variation. See this for inspiration: Multiple tent colors and https://pzuh.itch.io/the-meadow-top-down-tileset
- Rocks: I could really use another three 16x16 rock tiles, two tall 16x32 rock tiles, two wide 32x16 rock tiles and a large rock that's 32x32. Here's some great rock tutorials: https://www.slynyrd.com/blog/2019/9/18/pixelblog-21-top-down-objects andhttps://www.slynyrd.com/blog/2019/1/22/pixelblog-13-rocks And here's some inspiration: https://aamatniekss.itch.io/trees-rocks-natural-decorations-pixelart I also think some stalagmite type rocks would be a great addition, see the tall, grey rocks near the top-left. (In my game, I am making an area that essentially is a field of rocks, so the more variety the better!)
- Tree stump: I would love to see a large tree stump that's 32x32.
- Snowman: Again, more variety would be fantastic. Maybe another snowman with a black hat and one with a bobble hat?
- Pine trees: It would be great if you could add some smaller (baby) trees that are 32x32, one in green and one in grey.
- Large fence gate: I am not sure what this is called, but what would be really nice would be a type of large gate made of fence, i.e. the wood going up and over as shown for the wooden/brown fence in this image near the center
- Flowers: Perhaps you could add a few flowers and mushrooms poking/sticking out from the snow?
- Graveyard area: Just an idea that might work well with snow covering, see https://angrysnail.itch.io/pixel-art-graveyard-tileset
Finally, here's some more inspiration for other decorative props you could add: https://delsin53.itch.io/pixel-tileset, https://guttykreum.itch.io/rogue-encampment-game-assets, https://szadiart.itch.io/rpg-worlds-decorative-props, https://aamatniekss.itch.io/topdown-fantasy-forest