Putting this on my PiBoy as we speak...
A member registered Mar 25, 2020
Recent community posts
I LOVE this demo. I can't wait for the full release. I am leaving my thoughts down below, because I know how important feedback is.
- I was hoping we would get to upgrade our sword, but I understand between technical and story limitations that was not going to happen. It got me really excited though, and I would love to see the customizability that could come from it. My suggestion would be maybe having a button be like a lung/dash?
- I was disapointed that we couldn't do any damage without the sword. I understand that we are weaker but faster/nimbler without the sword, but I would love to see a quick, low damage punch that we could combo enemies with.
- I loved the platforming! I like the differences between sword and no sword, because it makes it feel less video-gamey, and more organic. You are carrying a giant sword, how are you gonna swim, right?
- The music is great. It reminded me of the Messenger (which I loved), but not in a copying way. It definitely felt nostalgic while still being fresh and original.
- The boss fight is great! I really enjoyed the two different slashes, as well as a ranged attack.
- The enemy palette is my biggest (But still small) complaint. Every enemy is red-on-red, and I would love to see more variation. I thought every enemy was great gameplay-wise, especially the big spider-thing that spits acid.
Over all, I really enjoyed the game, and can't wait to see where you take it!