Thanks so much! ^^
Recent community posts
Hi there! 👋
The Bitsy 'dialog' window has options to add different types of dialog that can be used to set variables and add conditionals. If you click 'add', there's a list of options you can choose from:
- 'Dialog': adds a simple, no-frills dialog box
- 'List': presents list dialog options - these are dialog structures that can contain multiple sections
- 'Exit and ending actions': allows you to add an exit or ending to your dialog
- 'Item and variable actions': allows you to change the values of item & variables
What I think you're looking for can be found in "List'. This gives you the following types of lists you can put in dialog:
- Sequence List: This list will display the sections of dialog in order as you interact with it. When interaction reaches the end of the list, it will just repeat the final section whenever you interact with it.
- Cycle List: Like a sequence, it displays sections of dialog in order, but will repeat from the beginning once the end of the list is reached.
- Shuffle List: This list displays dialog sections in a random order. It's good to note here that the Shuffle List will go through every section once before repeating them again.
- Branching List: This is your "if-else" conditional list, to make a dialog say one section if X is Y, or a different section if X is Z, and so on.
These lists can also be nested within each other to form more complex dialog tricks. You can use a Cycle nested inside a Branching to make a guy repeat a long speech unless you have some tea to give him. You can use Shuffles inside Shuffles to get even more chaotic random output. etc etc.
Hope this helps!
I would sing this game's praises for just the character art alone, but it also had a very compelling story as well! And cute puzzles! Well done! 🎉
It took me almost exactly 10 minutes to play the game.
This is wonderful! I love how the dialog guides you to the next item you should pick up so it's like a single, flowing story thread.
Also love a good Rozencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead reference 😏