- Fixed wrong skybox applied if the player dies and respawns after entering the wormhole spawned by NPC near the planet Igneus.
- Fixed atmosphere not visible around the player's home planet.
- Removed access to NPC spawned wormholes in multiplayer.
Recent community posts
Hello baldesar! Thanks for playing Axion. I think I can address at least two of your suggestions, I will list the info here so it is easy to read.
1. The way the ranged weapon AI works is that the enemy will run towards you until they are within firing range. Once within firing range, the enemy will begin to repeatedly move in lateral directions to get a different angle on you. You can observe this behavior while hiding behind a tree or similar object and watching the enemy try to shoot you.
2. Unfortunately, crouching is something that would involve modifications to the player movement code which is tied into the skill system, stamina, jumping, sprinting, speed, etc. A very long time ago, I created a crouching mechanic for the game, but it was disappointing and was eventually abandoned in favor of the more fast paced over the top combat the skill system provides later in the game. Attempting to recreate a crouching mechanic would likely involve a complete reworking of the player movement.
3. Your data is saved automatically. When you return to the game, you will retain all your progress and items. The only thing that is not saved is your position on the map. You will respawn at one of the four spawn locations, but if you check your items and skills, everything will be there.
- Improved wormhole functionality.
- Added anomalous wormhole locations.
- Added asteroid mining + asteroid mining laser + platinum and iron asteroids.
- Added deployable outposts.
- Reduced scanner cycle time by 60%.
Hi Sren, to start the game, enter a name and password, then click "log in". Next, enter a world name and click "choose world". This is how the game saves your data. Once you've entered your name, password and world name, click "single player" to start the game. Entering the same information next time you play will allow you to resume playing with your current save. Once in the game, press F1 for guidance at any time. To view or customize the key bindings, press escape and choose options-controls-bindings.
- Replaced 2D cockpit with professional artwork.
- Added Mercenary Guild XP and level information to character sheet.
- Added friendly warhawk ships that can spawn during combat when your guild level is above 3.
- Added reflective glass to ship cockpits and space station windows.
- Added scaled distance information to autopilot and warp drive menus.
- Added server side date & time with accurate scale in respect to distance.
- Improved newtonian physics / flight model
- Improved AI flight and combat between multiple AI
- Improved flight model.
- Added a single low power cannon to the Vex Cruiser starship.
- Fixed camera not aligning correctly after entering ship in space.
- Fixed projectile impacts interfering with ship controls.
- Fixed overlapping text when viewing equipment for Vex Cruiser.
- Fixed autopilot not shutting off when entering space from the surface of a planet.
- Added information to the tutorial window (F1 key) when placing mining equipment.
- Fixed projectile collision bug that would occasionally cause AI to deal more damage than intended.
- Rebalanced weapon damage and shield recharge rates.
- Adjusted AI ship's rate of fire.
- Added a way to exit the lower level of cities on Centura in case the player becomes stranded there without a ship.
- Lowered space suit oxygen capacity.