Thanks! There is no dedicated key for diagonal movement. You can walk around diagonally by pressing two directions at once but the first step will always be horizontal or vertical.
Recent community posts
- Oh, yeah. This skill is a summoning skill and you can't cast it on an enemy directly. You cast it on a free tile and in the next turn the eagle will charge the enemy (if reachable). I'm sorry the skill description is not clear here. Also summoning doesn't work in the village.
- I see. That's a great idea! However it will not make it into Colmen's Quest as I consider it done by now :) I will consider this option for my next game though! Thanks!
The "^ Predator" entry in the list is actually not a guy... It's just a default entry marking the point where the scores get "pretty good". However, you're doing great! You really need to explore the map to find the best hunting grounds and powerups. You wont get above 2000 by only chasing sheeps, that's for sure :)
Thanks for playing!
Hmm... That's strange. I'm not able to reproduce it. I tested various overlapping combinations (even 3 in a row) but it did not crash for me.
Can you tell what powerups at what spot (rough direction) caused the crash? Is it reproducable on your machine?
I must honestly say 900 on your very first run is huge! As you see in the highscore list most other players gained lower scores by now. So nice job!
The game is not about leveling your wolf or unlocking achievements (as of now). I want it to be a simple arcade game that you play to beat your own or other player's highscore. For this purpose the game has a large enough map with different spots and strategies you can go for. If you already reached #1 in the ranking, you may take a break and check back later. I can assure you there are much higher scores possible! ;)
That being said, I must add that I like the idea of achievements. I think that might fit pretty good into the game. It would be a great feature for a Steam release! I will definitely keep that in mind.
Thanks for taking the time and giving this valuable feedback!
Thanks a lot for this amazing feedback! Great to read that you finished the game, so apparently most critical bugs should be fixed right now ⚔️🐛
Good luck with your second run and thank you so much for supporting Colmen's Quest!
Thank you for playing and giving feedback! I'm very glad you like the game. Let's get straight to the points:
1) You can already use the arrow keys and the numpad (for skills) right now. I agree that this is also not ideal but it's an alternative for anyone not having qwerty layout. I might look into keybindings later.
2) Yep, I try to add basic options for sound controls and fullscreen in the next update.
3) It's already in the game but more or less experimental, hence no "documentation" ;) You can press the Page up/Down keys to zoom in/out. You may or may not experience some minor pixel rendering issues.
4) I'll see what I can do about it :)
5) I have save slots on my list for quite some time but as no one ever requested this I thought I might not need to implement it :D But I'm glad that you bring it up. I think Colmen provides some replay value in terms of different builds and I will try to enable save slots in the next update.
6) Nah, those crits need to rumble!
7) I will consider adding raw numbers for the health/mana orbs.
8) Hmm... I don't quite understand this point. You've found it difficult to play with the bow and want it to get nerfed so that it can not be used in melee (distance=1)? I'm sure I misinterpret something here ;)
9) I want to wait for a lot more player feedback before deciding on any changes here.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to put this feedback together! Much appreciated!
Thanks so much for your support! Everyone who donates the minimum suggested amount will receive the EA version one way or the other. I just need to find out how this is handled by itch.
But if you wanna wait, that's fine too :)
Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely try to buff melee combat / str based skills a bit more. I already have some ideas for that.
I also like your other suggestions and will see what I can do. The bug with charge skill will be fixed with the next update, btw.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. Your first 2 issues seem to be bugs that I will look into!
Regarding the skills: You can learn more than 4 skills and you should be able to reassign them to your active skill slots with the keys 1-4 when hovering them in the skill overview.
I guess the info on the right side isn't prominent enough ;)
Thanks for playing!
Thank you! Really happy that you like it! 🙌
You get a new skill point every second level, that's right. I will look into the issue with the Book of Learning then. That should grant you a skill point in any case.
Thanks for the feedback. When I look inside the zip archive I see this structure:
So the whole app is zipped inside a folder. Isn't this exactly what you say it should be?
I will definitely check back to see if it's working. Thanks again! :)
Wow, thank you so much for mentioning the game in your blog post along with all those other amazing indie games: http://www.turnbasedgamer.com/turn-based-demos-id-play-that-edition/
I haven't seen it until now :)