I really like your tileset! My favorite tile is the cow bones, hehe! I like the glow of the water too.
Recent community posts
This was a really cool idea! I fell into a hole and died forever! I had fun smashing balls together and trying to keep them from falling off all the edges. I was totally imagining chickens being in here, haha.
I escaped the room without a walkthrough, so I feel pretty proud of myself. You did geniunely scare me at one point, so kudos to you! :D Took me about 29 minutes to escape and that's a pretty good length for a game like this. The only place I got stuck was some of the valve controls. I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to click and drag or just click, but I eventually fiddled with them and solved them. The overall theme is really intense and you've built the story world out really nice! Definitely going to play Chapter 2!
Did you know that there are tons of free game-making programs available? If you're having trouble getting started, definitely try one of these programs. Each of these have rich communities with lots of tutorials to help beginners.
FREE GAME ENGINES!
(Feel free to add more!)
Ren'Py - the visual novel engine
Adventure Game Studio - the point-and-click game engine
001 - the free graphical-scripting game-making engine
Unity - 3D professional game engine
Stencyl: Make iPhone, iPad, Android & Flash Games without code
Make iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, Flash, Windows & Mac games without code using Stencyl.
Twine - interactive fiction engine
Quest - the text-adventure and interactive fiction engine
Inform - interactive fiction engine
ASEPRITE - /eɪs-praɪt/ — animated sprite editor & pixel art tool
More game engines like RPG Maker:
It's been awhile since I last played so I don't remember where she is anymore, but my advice is to retrace your steps. Some places change after you visit them or another event happens. If all else fails, just check each area. She's there.
I really enjoyed playing your game! I got stuck trying to find Ruth, but I retraced my steps and eventually found the room where she was. The setting is really cool and I wanted to know more about the ship and why people were trying to sabotage it.
I agree! I feel like you can more easily cobble a new game idea together in GameMaker, since Unity requires a lot of front end work. However, if you love Unity, feel free to use the program you know best!
FREE GAME ENGINES! (feel free to edit and add more!)
- Ren'Py - the visual novel engine - http://www.renpy.org/
- Adventure Game Studio - the point-and-click game engine - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/
- 001 - the free graphical-scripting game-making engine - http://www.engine001.com/
- Unity - 3D professional game engine - https://unity3d.com/
- Stencyl - http://www.stencyl.com/ Make iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, Flash, Windows & Mac games without code using Stencyl.
- Twine - interactive fiction engine - http://twinery.org/
- Quest - the text-adventure and interactive fiction engine - http://textadventures.co.uk/quest
- Inform - interactive fiction engine - http://inform7.com/
- Free RPG Engines: http://alternativeto.net/software/rpg-maker/