I decided to re-program everything I had so far because I was very messy and needed to get everything organized in order for me to not lose track of everything. So sadly, no real progress today. Aside from a very simple title screen (that actually works and I'm a little proud because I figured it out by myself haha! Don't forget that I'm a complete newbie :P)
And I've tried my hand at making a little gif of the still pretty glitchy controls so far, but for some reason it doesn't look smooth AT ALL (which it actually does when playing):
That's it for today. I plan to work on the hint system tomorrow, as well as on the player sprite, because it very clearly needs more work done and is desperately lacking a real running animation.