They call you the Gentleman Bandit, because no one knows your name. They call you a monster, a villain, a dealer of death. They call you Devil.
But they don’t know you.
Not your Heart, your Poet’s Heart filled with rage or filth or the expansiveness of True Love; not your Heaving Heart, beating in meter, callous or kind or barren.
* * *
In Gentleman Bandit, you play the titular rogue ~ a highwayman of the old guard who leaves 13 lines of verse at the scenes of his misdeeds. Through card draws, writing prompts, and dice rolls, you’ll write a narrative poem about your Bandit’s loves, losses, fears, and more.
- Play solo, or with a group (in person or online)
- Replay guides and multiplayer rules included
- Formatted for mobile and print
- Visual design by John Harper, creator of Lasers & Feelings, Lady Blackbird, and Blades in the Dark
- Inspired by the true-life tale of Black Bart, the original Gentleman Bandit, and the Western voices of Cormac McCarthy, Charles Portis, and Willa Cather
- The first game in the Western Cantos, my forthcoming series of poetry TTRPGs