1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hi! I'm Michelle (michelle_does on Twitter) and I am a writer! I've written in a variety of different mediums but recently have been working on game writing and narrative design. I love any and all games as well as working with others for the first time. Also I really love Persona and talk about it for hours on end haha
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I have never participated in a game jam, but am very excited for this first one!
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
For larger titles I am really into the Persona games as well as things like Horizon Zero Dawn, Silent Hill, and BioShock. Personally, I tend to prefer smaller or indie games, some of my favs I've played in the last year are: Darkside Detective, Donut County, and Wandersong.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I only very recently began to learn coding for 2D games within Unity. I know next to nothing as far as engine and coding go. However I do have experience with Twine and narrative design which is what I'm hoping to focus on in this game jam.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I'm passionate about creating games that make people happy or that they really enjoy. One of my favorite things in the world is seeing others get excited about a game they really enjoyed.
6. What are your goals for this game jam?
I'd really like to work with others to create a nice first game. My main goal is to create something, anything, by the end.