Day 3! The main thing I did was being able to reel your hook back in and working out what the reel should look like with more than 10 moves available.
I also made a start on the fish sprites, but it's pretty hard to fit a recognisable fish shape into an 8x8 sprite. The one above is my only success so far. I also tried playing around with 16x16 sprites and suddenly it feels huge, you can fit anything; the drawback being that it will dramatically reduce the playing area. I haven't actually tried designing any puzzles yet (note: this is bad) so it might be that 7x5 is enough, I don't know. The sea creature sprites in the mockup below are by anna anthropy, from her game octopounce.