Been keeping at it the last couple of days. Things I implemented
- Made the enemy hail rockets at the user
- Made object pools for the player and user missiles
- Made code that randomly selects a part of city for the enemy to shoot at as well as a random position in the sky
- Made a simple explosion sprite sheet
- Added city colliders
- Added the explosion animation
- When you want to use a prefab gameobject, INSTANTIATE it in code and use the result! DONT use the prefab because it it not active!
- Learned more about animations, how to start them
Things I need to do.
- Slow the enemy missiles the hell down
- Add trigger collision between the explosions, missiles, and the city
- Add health to the city
- Add scoring
Also an idea that bugs me is how should levels and waves be implemented? Should I just make enemy missiles spawn faster? Also having power ups would be cool, like missile speed up or wider area explosion, etc...