I haven't bothered writing a full review of this game, so I'm just gonna post all the notes I took while playing. Ask me to elaborate if you're confused about a point or something.
- Shooting noise sounds a bit like farting.
- "Ding!" text is a nice touch.
- Couldn't initially figure out how to buy ammo from the buy menu.
- Bow & arrow is more expensive than a shotgun and an assault rifle.
- Main menu looks very amateur, with several aesthetic styles being thrown around.
- Music is nice sounding and simplistic. Has forward momentum that suits the style of the gameplay.
- Enemies lack audio.
- Enemies are hard to see in the dark. Likely intentional, however this needs to be compensated for by audio cues. (If so, please use directional audio, and reserver the higher parts of the spectrum to the more dangerous enemies.)
- Music could potentially make enemy audio harder to discern however.
- Like the idea of a dark level and not being able to see your enemies at all times, mimics a first person view.
- Flashlight helps out a lot in regards to seeing where you're aiming at any moment.
- Flashlight is far too short.
- Bullets themselves are a too small and hard to see. (Generally unsatisfying gunplay)
- Waves are generally unnecessary considering you can pause in the middle of gameplay, and resume at any moment without penalty.
- That said, the time between waves are an opportune time to set up claymores and gun turrets.
- It's not very clear if you're taking damage, could be signaled better.
- Game is basically a big positive feedback loop, making the game easier as it progresses, or at the very least not getting harder.
- You start out with a liberal amount of health and lives, game is too easy over all.
- Shooting sound is far too loud, and drowns out almost any other audio.
- No difference between turret shooting noise and your own, becomes confusing at times. (At least when using the assault rifle)
- Enemies can hurt you from off-screen.
- Night Vision drops far too often, and last for way too long, causing the entire premise of the flashlight and night-theme to be for naught.
- Only takes a few waves for money to become meaningless and abundant.
- Enemy variety is alright, though it's not clear what certain enemies will do. Luckily only a problem once.
- Strategy of buying turrets and sticking to the assault rifle seems to be far too reliable.
- Made it to wave 38 on the second try, around the time it also started to get quite boring.
- The game is easy, and only gets easier the longer you play due to how much money you eventually earn.