first off, i found out the problem with the text boxes from before! it was a small easy fix but i somehow didn't notice the problem before. basically when passing in lines from a dialogue list i forgot to set the last line's index as (length of dialogue list) - 1
also i somewhat understand getting/setting attributes between actors in Stencyl now so that helps in doing stuff!!
and now the most exciting thing!!!! (tho my excitement is dulled bc it is the middle of the night and i am Exhausted TM) i think i have a very very basic simple dialog thing working now! not really sure about its scope though - i havent tested it with multiple npc's and conditions yet :
i didnt start this game till i knew i had consecutive days off because i get really wrapped up in projects and will just devote 90% of my time to them... that being said the past 2 days have whooshed by and i havent left my laptop for more than 10 minutes at a time omg... and figuring out the right programming is so frustrating when u cant get it but when something FINALLY works .. it's like.. gl ory GLORY HALLELUJAH and those moments have been nice ( ´ ◡ ` )
right now all the graphics and dialogue and maps and positions and basically everything is temporary because i'm still focusing on implementing actual working rpg functions but the further i get with that the more i realize that starting off with the assets i plan to use would have been ..much more efficient... so i don't think i'll be able to get to any actual plot/storyline by the end of the jam but i will still hope to have at least one map where you can just explore and interact with things!
more testing of dialogue and maybe making a lil inventory!