Thanks for trying the Beta. Besides some balancing issues, I definitely need to bubble up information about "what affects what". Tutorials would be one way but I think I also want to improve the UI.
Long answer your question, here are the core stats in the game and what affects them:
- Visitors: Visitors to your site/product is mainly determined by your marketing spending. Spend more money on activities that are well suited to your product, and you get more visitors. Some other things like your branding logo will also give you a boost.
- Signups: This is primarily based on the number of your features, so the more features you build the more visitors will sign up to your product. Note that over time people's expectation of the number of features increases so you need to keep building more and more. There are some other factors, for example building "requested" features will give you a boost.
- Churn: This is the most complex and interesting part. Churn is mainly based on your combined "Feature Rating". The rating for each feature depends on:
- The number of components in the feature. This is the base and really important so you need to build bigger and bigger features.
- Getting the ratio of design vs tech components right, based on market reports and experimentation.
- Whether or not it's a "requested" feature.
- Adding feature upgrades (their effects stack).
- Average performance of the components.
- Keeping the feature bug free.
You can see most of this information by right clicking features and selecting "Details", and also by checking the "Metrics" checkbox at the top of the Product Backlog view.
I hope that's helpful.