Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First Week: Assembling My Pieces

A topic by sailortitan created Jun 02, 2021 Views: 61
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Jam HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+1)

For this first week and the week before of YoJambo, I'm really kind of just working on deciding what the pieces of my one-shot are going to be.

I already knew I wanted to do Unknown Armies, and I've got a few rough ideas:

• I've rolled #9, A member of one of the warring factions has an extremely advanced weapon that they have a near fetishistic relationship with, so I already know that's in the mix. 
  • I definitely wanted one of the "warring factions" to be made partly or mostly of Demons. 
  • Even before I rolled #9 I knew I wanted to use a fulminaturge character, a wizard whose magic is powered by their fetishitic relationship with a gun. (Not that kind of fetish. The other kind of fetish. Well, maybe that kind of fetish, depending on the fulminaturge.)
  • I knew that the one-shot would involve a precursor to the modern roadside attraction based on SP Dinsmoor's Garden of Eden. (I will probably change details of this while still making my inspiration clear.)

While I'm doing this, I'm also compiling sources--articles, books, even images--that serve as inspiration. All of that stuff is going in my Nimbus note document.  

Note that I've mentioned using "Alex's ritual" here. This is Alex Powell, a fellow UA writer who I often chat with to bounce ideas off of, and who play-tested my my previous anthology. It's a good idea to have a friend to bounce ideas off of if you can find one--makes writing much easier! My goal for this first week is just to have a shape of the scenario--who are the GMCs? What is the player's goal?