Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Timeframe

A topic by Josh Dyer created Sep 18, 2023 Views: 103 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

I know you were very generous, especially compared to some other jams, but I wanted to let you know that not everyone's weekend falls on the actual weekend. My weekend falls on the start of the week, with one or two days off between Monday and Thursday. Unfortunately, the week of the jam, a co-worker called out requiring me to work on my only day off during the entire 10 day period. I have two jobs as well, as many do these days, so other than my day(s) off, I do not have any spare time. I really wanted to compete, but the time just wasn't there. I know this isn't your fault, as again, you were very generous. I just wanted to say this so you might consider a 14 or 15 day jam next time giving everyone who works two jobs a chance, even when their weekend doesn't coincide with the calendar weekend. Thanks.

Deleted 252 days ago

I'm not sure you read my post. I said as much when I said they were very generous. I only mentioned it for two reasons. The first was the theme video mentioned no late submissions because it included two weekends, but not everyone has the same weekend in regards to work. The second reason is that had it been the full two weeks to give everyone a second weekend in case something came up as did on my first one, I would have had at least one day, and possibly a second one depending on my schedule to compete.

Also, I did pick this one because I like the hosts and it did fit my schedule. As I mentioned, though, a co-worker called out on my only day off during the 10 day window of the jam. That is something beyond my control. I don't want to compete in just any game jam, but rather specific ones that are part of the communities or by the people I enjoy following.